Laptop with built in nfc or rfid reader compatible with xsiid or NeXt

Hey all,

I’m in the market for a new laptop. I’m just curious what models there are that may support using my Xsiid or NeXt implant to log in.

I can’t seem to find much information regarding this, has anyone here tried to do it? How did it go?

Cheers,

Jake

1 Like

mainstream brands don’t make them with nfc readers in anymore so i’d stop looking if i were you and begin looking for a good laptop you could modify to add the kbr1 motherboard and antenna into.

1 Like

The RFideas wave ID nano works very nicely as a small usb dongle…. I can leave in installed during transport and fits in sleeves etc

It’s spendy though and you need to be super careful what model you order, there’s a thread in it as I leaned my way around with it

2 Likes

If you use Linux, you can connect your cellphone to a USB port and use it as an NFC reader to log in with SiRFIDaL. Since most people keep their cellphones around them, this may be an option for you.

2 Likes

If you have to have built in you can embed a kbr, or an Improved keyboard wedge inside.

Otherwise you can carry one with you, they act as a keyboard so they make it easy for you to “type” a password.

Can you connect via Bluetooth or does the laptop need to be unlocked to connect?

The feature exploits USB debugging. So it needs to happen over USB. I think Android can only do debugging over BT on wearables (smartwatches and such).

And yeah, the cellphone needs to be unlocked. Android turns off the NFC chip when it’s locked. That’s just the nature of the beast. But in the developer settings, there’s an option to keep the device awake while it’s charging. How convenient!

So if you set that and enable USB debugging, whenever you want to turn your cellphone into an improvised tabletop NFC reader, all you have to do is connect it to your PC with a USB cable, set it face down on the table, and voila! you got yourself a login reader that’ll keep working as long as it’s plugged in.

2 Likes