LED/glowing microchip?

You should put one between the other 3 metacarpals in you hand in the same location, make it look like the claw exit points from 1990s Wolverine :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Can anyone with an xGLO implant update on how bright the glow is after the 4 to 6 week healing mark?

Thinking about getting it as my 3rd chip

I’m at a touch over 4 weeks since implantation. The answer is still really not very bright. In a well lit room it’s basically invisible, in a dimly lit room you can maybe tell its there, in a dark room you’d probably see it if it’s pointed out, and in a pitch black room is about the only time it’s truly noticeable. So if you’re looking for a night light I’d say go for it, but if you’re hoping for it to be something other people notice or can see you’re probably going to be disappointed.

2 Likes

Been debating getting the original Firefly for a while was gutted when i realised that the website was now down for them, just stumbled upon this thread and was surprised that the xGLO was still in stock! just put an order in for mine now!

3 Likes

@amal tried pretty much every piercer in Newcastle UK even Blue Lotus who is on the list for DT and everyone has said they won’t do it, so I’m looking at just doing it myself any tips?

1 Like

These should help you out

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

1 Like

Got it done! Thanks for the help man!

1 Like

So I got a pair of these delivered a few days ago. I contacted the implant go-to guy here in Western Australia, but he informed me that due to some bad press and a legal case against a sub-dermal mod installer in NSW, he won’t be taking any consults or doing any installs until the case is settled and we see what happens legislation-wise. The case isn’t set to proceed until July 26th next year, so that kind of leaves me in a hard place. I wanted someone experienced to install these and some other kit I was going to order, but it sounds like that’s going to be hard to come by in Australia until the dust settles. So any ideas who I could ask to do this for me, or should I get some of the other implants I had my eye on and practice with those first, then give it a go myself?

for anyone curious, check out bslice.com

Mate,
just try approaching some other piercers using the information in this thread above especially the “how to approach”!
Have you contacted Ben? he might be able to help you out?

1 Like

Yeah I saw his name… might give him a message this weekend. I sort of figured those things are out of date… cheers for compiling the links - was going to mention in my last post that I was going to study them in depth if push comes to shove. I suppose it’s a good thing that anesthetic patches can be had over the counter here.

I was worried about the pain so used numbing cream which I left on for as long as I could but honestly it didn’t do anything really. It actually hurt a lot less then I thought it would have and was surprised how easy it was to do it myself after everyone I asked refused which I can understand why.

1 Like

week after implantation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Back when the sale was on we managed to grab another xGlo before they were sold out. We just installed it a day or 2 ago, inside left arm opposite the one in our right arm. :smile_cat:

Its still abit bruised & swolen so we haven’t bothered doing a pic yet but super happy to have a matched set of these now! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Finally took some pics of our 2nd xGlo. Its been 2 weeks since we installed it, & its looking pretty good. :smile_cat:

Not as bright yet as our 1st one, which has been in for 2 months now. Hopefully the 2nd one will keep getting brighter over the next couple weeks. :smiley_cat:

This one isn’t as deep as the 1st one. The pics look like there’s something funky going on, like blood vessles or something overtop of it? I dunno, can’t see those by eye so maybe its like a camera thing? :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

add me to the list

me too

ill pay top dollar for a xGLO

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the day that I can hold my phone over my implant to charge it and have it blink to my actual heartbeat for 30 seconds or so.
Until then, just blinking after charging would be pretty awesome anyway.
I like useful things. An implant that I can read my temperature or other medical information with by phone app.

4 Likes

Love it so much!

3 Likes

where can i get one these?

1 Like

You cant I’m afraid…

4 Likes