Lidocain Doses - am i right?

My honest suggestion is to not do this. You will have no way to seriously dilute this solution without lab equipment and access to non-pyrolytic, sterile saline. You can’t buy this at any store I know of. Simply using sterile saline is not enough, because it could contain pyrogens and other terrible nasties. Also how are you going to mix it without introducing contamination? Simply exposing it to air is going to do that, and without any kind of preservative it’s going to likely act as a nice growth medium.

I have never in my life seen any kind of ampule that suggests dilution… and if one does exist, it’s probably a multidose vial not an ampule… and multidose has its own set of problems. The only way this could even remotely be safe is if you had a vial of non-pyrolytic saline aka medical injectable saline… and you would use an IV tube with an injector port to pull the saline into the syringe and then use that same needle and syringe to pull the lidocaine in at the required dosages… But even doing this is very strange as you typically don’t want to do that with a needle into multiple injector ports either in an IV or a multi dose file.

It’s all just very strange to me.

4 Likes

Put into words way better than I could have.

2 Likes

Hmm okay, I figure I’ll include some pictures as I don’t think I’m saying the correct medical terminology.

What I called ampoules are plastic, not glass. Also I would prefer not to dilute with anything if that is an option, that’s why I came here to ask if it was necessary. I’m using Google translate to read the box, so I could be wrong about the dilution-step all together.

Such a wealth of precaution - excellent advice that should be heeded of course. But somehow I can’t help but juxtapose this picture of us responsible, careful biohackers against junkies shooting up bic lighter-cooked stuff drawn from a dirty spoon into their veins. Hell, I even met a guy who used to shoot up corn whisky once. Somehow you wonder how the latter people manage to stay alive for so long.

Staying alive and not getting an infection or cancer are very different but seemingly ambiguous things.

2 Likes

Another follow up question is what is bufus or bufuse? This is the Google translated box

So is bufus a different form of lidocaine? Because it seems to be made from good ol’ lidocaine hydrochloride.

Here is a site selling this product…

Interestingly it doesn’t say “must be diluted” in their long spiel, BUT when you get to the dosage instructions it states specific concentrations which are much lower. So, my guess is that the Google translation is entirely accurate. This is probably sold for pharmacy use where they might need varying concentrations, and will have pyrogen free sterile saline for dilution.

1 Like

It’s possible this is sold for incorporation into creams and such. But I’m really clutching at straws as 10% and needing dilution is really strange.

2 Likes

Nope… lidocaine sold for this purpose is a powder. This is in leur lock ampule form designed to be injected… and not diluted either… as far as I can tell it’s a 2ml ampule with 200mg total lidocaine, or a 10% mixture. Russians :wink:

200w

4 Likes

Yeah see I though it would have been a powder (should have gone with my gut). 10% like nice so most people gonna need like 0.25ml :sweat_smile: using 1ml @ 2% as a benchmark

Think I sussed it l, seems like lidocain can be used as a bolus to treat arithmya in which case it is placed into an iv and dosed that way. That seems a more sensible use for this strength of lido.

Or then again maybe Russians just need more numbing.

Also

Intravenous regional anesthesia on the arm: 100–200 mg
Intravenous regional anesthesia on the leg: 200 mg
Nerve block: 20-200 mg
Sacral anesthesia in obstetrics: 200–300 mg
Lumbar analgesia: 250-400 mg.

1 Like

yep… my thoughts as well… i think that’s what “bufus” is supposed to mean… bolus.

2 Likes

Spent last night feeling like an idiot asking several nurses and docs if they knew that word.

It makes sense, as after a pericardial tap, the doc pushes lido into the cavity to help ot out a bit.

I figured that’s what it is getting at, but since I didn’t have a confident answer, I kept my mouth shut.

1 Like

Hey don’t knock yourself you went and asked I just googled. I rememberd it being mentioned vaugly but also wouldn’t say that I’m right just seems the most likely with the info we got.

Out of interest why?

The information on the site I posted specifically mentions it is for treating arrhythmia.

I never read it :sweat_smile:

The way it reads to me, is it is meant to kinda calm your heart muscles a bit. Keep them from going crazy.

We used to drain almost a liter of fluid from around some people’s heart, in the pericardial sac, or whatever it is called.

So with the reduction of fluid, the heart can finally beat!

Keep in mind, I’m not a doctor.

I imagine the lido he put in, would just keep the heart from going crazy once it could, it has been trying so hard to beat, and now it can.

Like sedating a puppy AFTER you let it out of the crate. It had all that energy and want to move, but you don’t want it to so quick.

Just my guess

2 Likes

Thats SO interesting thank you!

1 Like

Hey no problem. It’s an interesting thing to be part of.

Feel free to chime in @doc or @Mariarangok or her hubby.

That is really my best educated guess. I didn’t piece it together until I read that shady pharm site.

I think the most we ever got was like a 1.4 liters. It was crazy to see that come out. Patient is awake, so they usually express immediate relief. It’s pretty cool to see.

1 Like

dont you literally not wear shoes?

1 Like

hah well, going shoeless in certain controlled scenarios seems far less risky than injecting stuff…

so like… literally putting whisky into a syringe and injecting it? wtf… i guess i can see how that can work but honestly wtf is wrong with people… is he just trying to save money by minimizing the required amount to get drunk? Though, probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever heard of is a woman who was so poor she couldn’t afford meth so she would hang around meth houses and make the meth heads pee into jars and she would drink it because a large amount of meth does not get metabolized it just passes in urine… so she was mething out on stranger’s pee… fucking hell the human brain is gross… innovative… but gross.