Lidocain Doses - am i right?

Urine is useful

But let’s be mindful to not judge folks with substance issues eh?

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what he was doing. I think the point of the exercise was getting an instant hit. Apparently he wasn’t too concerned about the other stuff in booze that isn’t supposed to enter the bloodstream. He said very little of it was enough so it was fine. Good thing he wasn’t addicted to Dr Pepper, else he’d have gotten the bends I guess.

There are other creative ways of being an alcoholic. Sticking booze up your bum is one (and, I’ve been told, through the front door for the ladies too). I learned that was a thing in boarding school. The guys who told me was doing it to avoid getting caught with the telltale smell in his breath by the supervisor. Amazing all the things you can learn at school eh?

And then there’s that. How that’s legal, I’ll never know, as alcohol is incredibly toxic to the lungs. I know because I researched it before trying it into one of my high-power atomizers when I started vaping and quickly decided against it.

Is this OT yet?

yeah i understand its rough … hell i’m well into type 2 diabetes at this point but i still can’t stop eating thai food… i am addicted to food in general as an endorphin hit… its a way to deal with pain and stress. i eat. it’s literally killing me. addiction is rough.

that said, i’ve also battled addicts literally pissing on my front porch and leaving their used needles in my front lawn for my kids to step on… so my empathy only goes so far.

I forget, does OT stand for On or Off Topic?

I remember reading (in New Scientist of all places) about breathing alcohol vapour getting someone drunk (they were making mulled wine) and someone who caused himself some serious damage because he used cocaine, by rubbing it into his glans.

People are inventive, even if not very smart.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that.

It is possible to have empathy for the person while still condemning their behaviour. I understand that their are reasons behind it, but that doesn’t mean I should laud their mistakes.

Making it more personal I would encourage you to try and change your behaviour, to seek medical and mental assistance. But at the same time I understand why you eat, that doesn’t mean that I am going to order you a big Thai meal though.

On a side note, if you are taking medication to try and control your diabetes you might want to ask your doctor about ozempic (semaglutide) it has helped my wife reduce her dependence on insulin and lose weight. It is not a perfect solution, but it seems to be effective for those that I know who have tried it.

And for everyone else remember there is always Panexa. (Their site has gone down, so try this mirror)

2 Likes

As someone who battled the same addition for years and finally managed to beat it, I can share with you the biggest secret I discovered to lose weight and keep it off: when you diet, you frustrate yourself. You crave. My solution to this was to reprogram my pleasure center to crave good foods, simply by pretending I liked those foods for long enough and intently going for them when I wanted to binge. Do that long enough and you never have to diet again, or feel guilty when you raid the fridge. It’s really that simple: I literally binge on raw carrots, cauliflower, bellpeppers and the likes, stuff myself silly with them, get my kicks, and the needle doesn’t move on the scale.

My other secret is to avoid processed food. I only eat things that I recognize: veggies, fruits can’t be transformed without destroying their shape. So when you eat those things, you’re 100% certain you only eat those things and not added sugar, palm oil and other addictive crap that you can’t even taste in ultra-processed foods. The only processed foods I allow into my body are minimally processed staple foods, like bread, pasta or beer, and only in limited quantities because processing == suspicious in this day and age.

Following those 2 recipes got me 80% of the way towards losing 110 lbs. I have many other lesser secrets for the remaining 20%, but I’m sure you already know them so I’ll spare you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the human mind is crazy cool

1 Like

Well said.

AKA you are entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

haha, definitely Off topic on this forum…
I kinda like it