Lidocaine 1% PMK dosing?

Greetings all!

So the other day I’ve received my XG3 and PMK kit.
I’m assuming even with the PMK kit the series of emotions I’m about to endure are going to be quite colorful. So I’m hoping to get all the help I can from the PMK kit.

One thing though…

I’ve looked online and I’m still having trouble trying to figure out how much I should use. I’m 175lbs and the lidocaine in the kit says it’s 1%. I’d like to inject enough to minimize the experience but at the same time, only utilize a safe amount for my body.

I’ve spent months looking into the install, watching tutorials and reading threads. I have my tattoo and body piercing license and have also determined this is an experience I’d like to perform myself. At the same time, in years of tattooing and performing some piercing, I’ve never administered lidocaine to anybody and in that matter, I’m not a doctor so it’d be illegal anyways Lol.

So the question of this topic is a school math question:

If Johnny is 175lbs, and owns the DT PMK injectable lidocaine kit, how much lidocaine should Johnny use?

Also (I’ll be injecting this into the left ring finger)
Thank you in advance!!!

Update: from the 5ML syringe, I filled it to 3ML. I used a little less than 2 ML. Next step, implant.

I am not a medical professional qualified to give advice, but I can tell you what I know. I worked with lidocaine when I would put in arterial catheters.

I would Push it in barely below the surface, figure “halfway” through the skin, and slowly pull back on the syringe making sure I wasn’t in a blood vessel. Could seriously harm. See here
Then slowly inject it making a welt, and letting that slowly absorb. A significant portion will be numb and you can kinda spread out from there with less burning.

Depending on the area needed, I cant imagine needing more than a ml or two. I think I worked with 3% though. Or 2%.

Edit: just saw ring finger. Shouldn’t need much really. .5 ml maybe. I plan to do the same when I self install a feeling magnet.

1 Like

I also want to add, I am against anyone using it themselves all willy nilly.

1 Like

Good to go.

Now I planned on injecting twice; on the left and right side of the finger’s base.

Then once, on the opposite side of the xG3 site.

After about 10ish minutes I planned to install the xG3 and have the procedure done and over with.

Sounds like you are going for a nerve block?

I know nothing of that stuff.

In Thought Emporiums magnet video this was done similary.
But 3 I think, 2 at the base and one on the tip on the oppsite side of the magnet.

Also, he squeezed out the blood and put a rubber band to keep it from flowing back.

This would be my go to resource for finger installs.

1 Like

Thank you! This is actually the video I used to reference most of my installation. The lidocaine worked really great and I didn’t feel a thing until it wore off!

I did 2ML.
.5ML at the base of the finger at each side,
1ML at the injection site.

From what I experienced, with the 1ML in the implant site, the finger was swelled quite a bit with all the liquid. But I would recommend it. If everything all goes well, I’ll be making a new topic on how exactly I did everything so people can reference it. Also I’ll be mentioning any mistakes I’ve made so people can learn from mine and don’t have to make their own. I feel I’m already walking on thin ice because of how I injected the implant itself (but I’ll explain that later). If you want to see that, refer to my most recent topic regarding “xG3 pushing out”.

1 Like

This may get a bit preachy so imma hide it in drop down.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE

Lidocaine

What is it
Lidocain is a local anesthetic, this means it provides a loss of sensation in a local area.

What does it look like
Lidocaine can be found in a cream or gel form these are known as topical anesthetics and work through the skin to provide numbing in the applied area. The other common form is a suspension meant for subcutaneous injection this is a clear liquid that is injected just below the skin.

Side effects
As with any drug there are side effects these change slightly depending on whether you are using a topical application or injecting.
These are more common but not as serious and just require monitoring.

• injection site pain (prior to anesthesia onset),
  • feeling lightheaded,
  • euphoria (overly happy),
  • shaking,
  • drowsiness,
  • confusion,
  • weakness,
  • blurry or double vision

These are significantly more rare but are worse and require immediate hospital treatment.

• seizures,
  • abnormal heart beats,
  • slow heart beat,
    *severe allergic reactions,
  • respiratory arrest,
  • coma.

Overdose
These are the signs too much lidocaine has be used you need to seek medical treatment ASAP and ideally provide them information as to what and how much you have taken.

• Numbness (around the mouth or of the tongue)
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Dizziness
  • Ringing of the ears (tinnitus)
  • Blurred vision
  • Restlessness, agitation, or nervousness
  • Paranoia
  • Muscle twitches
  • Seizures

Timing
Lidocain is a short lasting anesthetic as such should only be used for short procedures. The length of time numbness will last varies person to person however normally will not exceed 30 minutes.

Topical lidocain will usually need to be spread onto the required area and occluded for atleast 2 hours.

Subcutaneous Lidocaine has a much shorter onset time of between 5 and 10 minutes.

Dosing
These dosings are safe limits for full body it is rare that large areas are numbed with local anesthetic as you can quickly approach dangerous limits.

Maximum dose without a vasoconstrictor (adrenaline or epinephrine) 4.5mg/kg with a absolute maximum dose of 300mg.

Maximum dose with a vasoconstrictor (adrenaline or epinephrine) 7mg/kg with a absolute maximum dose of 500mg.

So for a person weighing 20kg the maximum dose without a vasoconstrictor would be 4.5 x 20 or 90mg.

Volume calculation
Lidocaine solution will not normally state its mg content this can be calculated from the concentration for example; 1% Lidocaine solutions contain 10mg of Lidocaine per 1ml.

So for the person mentioned earlier we want 90mg so the maximum dose would be 9ml.

Additional information
All of the information above is interesting and should be known. However due to the relatively small areas biohackers what to numb it is unlikely that you will ever approach an unsafe dose.

For example;

• Removal of xSeries requires between 1 and 2ml of 1% solution.
  • Implanting sensing magnets require around 2ml of 1% solution.

As you can see from those examples this is well below an unsafe dose at only 10-20mg.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like