Lock Tec Slush Fund?

I’ve seen a number of locks get tested for compatability by forum members, and somewhere we keep a info sheet on what works and doesn’t. (If that doesn’t summon the resident AI, nothing will.) What strikes me is that just a few members bear the financial burden of test lock purchases while everyone benefits from the knowledge that they bring us.

I’m not likely to purchase a range of locks and test them. But I do like having the information, and wouldn’t mind financially contributing some. (As my somewhat random cash flow situation permits.)

What if we created a pool of money, available to select forum members to act as testers, to offset the purchase of the locks?

My thoughts on this:
1.) Contributing the funds without paypal or venmo or whoever getting a big chunk of it.
2.) Where do the funds go, and who has access to them. I don’t know if Amal would want to comingle such monies with his business. Might be better to have a forum member take point?
3.) I’d say we probably need to restrict the people doing the testing to those who have already shown a strong desire and capability to do so. Basically those who are already testing without financial backing.
4.) Suggested contribution in the 20-50 USD range? Depends on how many help. And I suppose when the fund runs low-ish, a notice could be posted so people who wanted could refill some?
5.) Any tester receiving funding would have to provide a thorough report on as many scenarios as possible. Maybe some kind of test template / form? Standard questions, to make the results more apple to apple comparisons?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s proven to be somewhat difficult to keep track of and appropriately categorize that kind of cash for the business.

I do like the idea though… just not sure how to administrate it. Money transfer is always going to be expensive, unless you’re dealing with certain types of crypto… but then the tax situation gets crazy to whoever is administrating the pot.

3 Likes

Here’s a simpler idea:

• Someone suggests that a product be tested with implants - or someone asks about that product’s compatibility with implants.
  • After a few months of people suggesting or asking about different products, set up a poll asking which product DT should test (because who better than DT can test a lock with all kinds of implants…)
  • When a product is chosen, crowdfund a test for that product.
  • Any spillover money from that crowdfund goes into Amal’s pocket for his trouble, if he makes a video or a written review or something, or goes into buying the next most requested product in the poll, or both.
5 Likes

Could work

1 Like

Works. But, are you gonna have the time to do it? You could farm out some of it to reliable testers. Just thinking out loud now.

1 Like

With the crowfunding money, Amal could also fly select testers on DT’s private jet to DT’s secret lair in the Caribbean for a week of testing, all expenses paid. You know, for when he doesn’t have the time…

6 Likes

Yeah I think time won’t be an issue after I get my new lab and office set up (dt club for details). Right now it’s a pain to do anything in the cramped space I have now.

1 Like

I support this idea, whichever direction it goes

2 Likes

Oh, this thread made me go digging… found another Chinese price point 14443a padlock, might give it a shot lol :joy:

2 Likes

May i ask which?

Sorry lots of fires to put out lately… it’s playing hell with my Adhd… the bees are stirred up and restless

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60820953212/New-Arrival-Smart-Padlock-Intelligent-NFC.html?__detailProductImg=https%3A%2F%2Fs.alicdn.com%2F%40sc04%2Fkf%2FH45a121121dab4b62990842abaee74feaq.jpg_200x200.jpg

I held off at the last second before buying it, because it’s 25$ shipping for a 25$ lock… which is on principle annoying

I’ll still likely buy one but I have to be grumpy for a period of time first about the shipping…

And yea I know I have it easier than most etc… doesn’t mean I can’t still be a shipping grump

i really like this idea, not only is it comunity powered but it also give back to the comunity as well haha. verry well thught out, i can see a few issues though, one being how do we know these people are trust worthy, two, if were adding people to have access, wouldnt it be better to have one main account and then just trade the money over to the people the request it. if they fail to provide the informaiton then we kick, ban, or strip them of their roles while also getting a charge back. an option for the people testing would be if you have requested and recived the money but can no longer get the lock or something has come up you can just send a refund request and send the money back.

another way of doing it is re-embersements. we could have the tester use their own money out of pocket and then once the tester has supplied the information to lets say a smaller board of people to review we can reimberse the money back to the tester. this would avoide anyone stealing the money and not coming back, it would also avoid having too many people haveing access to the money at one time, this meaning it would be less likly for someone to steal it from the group fund. with permission from.@amal i would love to help set this up,

like he also said, it would be better to deal with it useing crypto, there is a stable coin called usdt, it is bound to the value of usd there for it is always at a stable rate and we dont have to worry about loseing money while holding onto the cash pot. i would also like to avoid paypal as they like to steal from people doing biohacking as this company as exprienced it before thir paypal got shutdown and from there paypal took the money from the account in claims of “repairs” this is just what i remember off the top of my head, im sure someone could link the topic from what i am saying.

anyway. with permission from, @amal , i would love to help set this up, id love to email back and forth maybe hold a few discord calls with known memebers to help get this ball roling, id be more then happy to help over see this project but as a college student in games design, i dont know how well that would fly hahah.

sorry for the sheer amount of test, but @amal if your intrested, send me a message and maybe we can talk sometime?

I think honestly the best approach would be to build a “wall of locks” here where I have access to every implant, both current and future… and just keep investing in locks to put on the “wall of locks”. Community support would be great, but it’d just be a kind of “support the cause” thing I guess.

For this I’d need;

• List of locks people want tested (with links!)

• I could set up a “support” product on the website to collect support moneis (can’t call them donations)

• Buy locks, install on The Wall Of Locks, test.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I think that’s a good idea. I’d donate some money every now and then.

yea, that would be better, as you have all the implants, youll also be mostlikly one of the first to get the feture implants too. you also have all the equipment to check everything over and over again.