Lodestone PICO : Finger magnet fun for everyone

Yeah it’s in the GitHub readme anyway
Thanks

1 Like

I got a notice from my mail service that the box arrived… I’ll be picking it up this week and working to get them on the store.

9 Likes

I will order one along with an xG3!

3 Likes

I’m kinda waiting for the Loadstone to show up so I can order that at the same time as my xG3. Is that a good idea, or is Soon™ going to stretch? This girl is very impatient to become magnetic.
:magnet_xg3: :magnet: :robot_cyborg: :zinc:

2 Likes

I’m so far behind on adding things to the store… I’ll try to get things up by end of the week.

8 Likes

Thank you, @Amal. You be the best!

1 Like

Note you should wait quite a while before playing with your magnet. But the lodestone is a ton of fun

4 Likes

I just ordered my xG3! I’m so excited! Plans to put it in L1 on the top of my left hand.

2 Likes

@amal any news about this?

@Az_F I’ll still order a lodestone when they become available, but I wanted to get my magnet in me before I take medical leave from work so I can give it lots of time to heal before I start using it daily.

3 Likes

What kind of work? You can still use your hand to type/hold things just don’t stress it too much. Of course the less the better but for mosts jobs it should be fine if you’re careful

I’ve honestly hired @tac0s because I’m so far behind on so many things… he’s now helping DT in an official capacity to get things all caught up (and then some).

7 Likes

I’m the hardware quality manager for a company that does IT for Restaurants. I take a lot of point of sale and computer junk apart. A magnet is going to be so useful.
I happen to be taking medical leave for a different reason at the beginning of March, so I figured it would be perfect to get it installed before that so everything could heal together!

2 Likes

Congrats @tac0s

Let the community know if there is stuff we can do to help you to help Amal

5 Likes

Yay! Congrats to both of you!

And wow! It only took an hour and 8 minutes from order confirmation to getting a tracking number email for the xG3 I just ordered. That’s impressive!

:star_struck:

2 Likes

Ah! Sounds like a good idea :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

So, now that I’ve ordered an xG3, I’m getting anxious about my old lady hands. I was originally thinking L1, but I know someone who has a magnet in her wrist too. Do I have enough meat on my bones to support an L1 install? Or would it be better for it go in my wrist???

Yes, I have less meat than you and I’m fine. These placements are quite nice and safe since the implant is cradled between two bones but still resting on soft stuff. I have my xsiid there.
The install is trickier than elsewhere but a professional will do it fine. Tent the skin a lot to avoid veins. Also avoid veins altogether with a magnet because sticking something to it might pinch it. So on the photo mabe stay lower.

I don’t have a magnet there , my xG3s are on p0 and the not-knife-edge, but it looks like a nice place to hold screws!

4 Likes

Got my Titan installed back at the end of January and it’s been feeling pretty solid. Able to detect vibrations from the microwave and large power bricks, so I figured it was well past time to try out my Lodestone Pico for real. Gotta say, it’s really wild!

I plugged it into my iPhone 15 Pro and cranked up the volume. I started out with something nice and simple: the theme from Super Mario Bros. I could totally follow along with the song and it was easy to feel the difference between the louder and softer parts. I’d heard that the magnet vibrating was audible, so I stuck my finger in my ear, with the Pico blasting at my Titan through my fingernail. Sure enough, I could hear it with remarkable clarity, even with more complicated audio.

8 Likes

So glad to see people are enjoying it! It’s a simple idea but there is potential to do so much with it :grin:

6 Likes