Lodestone PICO : Finger magnet fun for everyone

Just got home from my holiday trip.

First thing i did is check my mail

look what arrived

Its not pretty but took me less then a minute to make - all heatshrink i had was too big but it still works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still wating on mine, I can’t wait forever

I wanna stick my finger in my ear to listen to conference calls and look cool

2 Likes

I don’t know about that :laughing:

3 Likes

Agree to disagree

6 Likes

Hey magnetos, I have exactly 1 PICO left from the first batch. Everyone after that is gonna have to wait a couple months before I restock :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The last one’s gone. I’ll look into making a second batch and to get an idea of how many I should get here’s a poll:

• I want a PICO

0 voters

2 Likes

Got mine today, and man does it look nice! While I don’t have anything particularly magnetic in by body (that I know of :wink:) just yet, I do have a little battery-powered gadget that lets you listen to electromagnetic waves generated by all sorts of electronics. Thanks to the wondrous properties of analog data, you can use this paired with a Pico to make a horrifically janky USB C to headphone listening experience.

3 Likes

confirmed with other devices as well as my pc, it is not recognized as a USB-c device.

Has it worked with any device? Maybe it got shaken a bit too much in transit. Let me know

I honestly didn’t mess with it until I got my implant. Now that I have it I started to try to use it but it’s never recognized as a device.

I’ll mesage you :wink:

1 Like

Alright, everyone, you might have noticed the PICOs have been out of stock lately.
I won’t be doing a second batch, not exactly…Some big news coming soon :shushing_face:

10 Likes

Soon™.

5 Likes

well i just got my pico today - wow that took a long time :smiley:

now my usb-c to lightning data cable does not work - amazon here i come!

pico works great on my computer - so it’s definitely my connection.

3 Likes

Just got my new iPhone 15 today. Sure enough, it works great with my Pico! :kissing_smiling_eyes: (Again, tested with my listening device since I’m not magnetic yet.)

4 Likes

Ok cables came, I started e perimenting with range

iPhone 12 here, tragus magnets are tickly with the pico

Finger magnets are so so for sound but can sense the field not too bad.

Unfortunately for anything on iPhone I had to pump the volume to 100%.

This will definitely freak my normie friends

4 Likes

Yup that’s needed on any device. Keep in mind they don’t do any onboard amplification. This way they are tiny and battery-less. The tradeoff is power

I must admit it does look cool :mechanical_arm:

4 Likes

:o haven’t been here for a while
looks awesome for my titan

4 Likes

You might have to wait a bit but they will soon be available again :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome back

You Betcha

I was going to reply to you sooner, but I was off answering another question, Anyway Az beat me to it.

I was going to say:

He is out of stock

But he is also being a tease

Pico2 ?
PicoNanoMicroTiny?
anyway, he also provided a “Build your own” on GitHub, as you would have seen, but here’s the link

The only reason I am really replying is, you may have also missed his Zinc Project

It’s really awesome actually
It has a cost to it, but it is VERY reasonable, and has Tiers to it, meaning, One of the Tiers, you can basically get a free Pico.
I’m not sure if this will carry over to the new “PicoNanoMicroTiny” :man_shrugging:
But the App itself is awesome, with even more functionality coming Soon™

I was going to write a review on it, but I was waiting for it to be “finished”
But also, I don’t have a BioMagnet, so I’m not one of the kool kids, and I couldn’t review all the functionality.

Anyway, welcome back, and check out the Zinc Project whilst you wait for the “PicoNanoMicroTiny”

:zinc:

3 Likes