Looking for installer near Kansas City

Hi all, I’m new here and looking to get my first implant. Before I start calling piercers in my area, I was wondering if anyone else is nearby and has already worked with a professional around here? I’m in the Kansas City, KS area, specifically Olathe.

Thanks!

I checked out the piercing partners but there are none listed near you, nor are there on the KSEC Cyborg map , I also trawled this forum with no luck sorry BUT any body piercer should be able to implant this for you.

These should help
How to approach a professional DT Info

Read the belowand provide the links / info to the piercer

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

If you have no luck, A doctor, nurse or medic would be able to but they will likely take more convincing… but just provide them with the same information

A self or assisted install is possible, but not recommended

good luck, let us know how you go

1 Like

Well, I finally got both my implants bought and delivered and went to a piercer to ask about installing them…and was shut down immediately, before I could even finish describing the implant. This might be more difficult than I thought. Time for the slow task of visiting every shop in the city. Weird how one person’s initial reaction can be horror and wanting to have nothing to do with it, while my initial reaction was “Woah, that’s awesome, where have these things been all my life?!” Polar opposites.

Hey Buddy,

we are clutching are staws here, because not only are you middle 'Murrica you are surrounded, but nowhere near DT partners.

We haven’t seen him in a while be we can try dropping a @STUNTMAN_LUNCHBOX

he might even be your neighbour…

How many piercer have you got lined up…don’t forget the

Thanks, I did follow the Approaching a Professional guide, but he just had no interest whatsoever in reading through the material and hearing me out. Soon as I mentioned it could store contact info and be read by a phone, he ended the discussion. I’ll keep trying! I had a second place in mind but their piercer is out of town right now, so I’ll just look around some more. There are several shops in the general Kansas City area I can try. Thinking about it though, I suspect the first guy’s reaction is going to be pretty common in this part of the country, so it might take some time.

Worst case, I can always drive to Colorado or Kentucky and spend a night. Hopefully it won’t come to that, but it’s worth it if becomes the only option!

If that was me, I would dedicate a day to it.

I would:
print out

all the info

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

Print out all the piercers

Not all, but you get the point

Obviously you can ignore the dentists on the list

Put my implants in the car (you can show them the professional quality, plus all the accoutrement, and if you are lucky, they might do it there and then…)

Looking at the Map, Just drive North to South :compass: (or Sounth to North)

If you get turned away, ask the piercer if they have any reccomendations, then add those to your printed piercer map.

If you don’t manage to get it done on the day, then hopefully you manage to get an appointment…

Anyway, that’s what I would do…

That’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll just take a day off work next week and go up the line. Trying to set up appointments to talk hasn’t been that easy so far anyway, so just walking in might be easier.

I think it’s going to be worst case.

Kansas regulations on Body piercers exclude several relevant things…

Use of personal client jewelry or any apparatus or device presented by the client for use during the initial body piercing shall be prohibited. Each establishment shall provide presterilized jewelry, apparatuses, or devices, which shall have metallic content recognized as compatible with piercing services.

And

This act shall not be construed to authorize a licensed body piercer to implant or embed foreign objects into the human body or otherwise to engage in the practice of medicine and surgery.

They are also not allowed to perform scarification or branding, or pierce with anything other than a needle.

1 Like

It looks like Missouri might be a better state to try in if that isn’t too far away.

Thanks @Zwack, that’s good to know. If it’s actually prohibited in Kansas, maybe it’s not worth trying any of the shops here. I’m basically on the border with Missouri though, so I can try to stick to shops on that side.

1 Like

It can be a bit of a nightmare tracking down the legal prohibitions, some are at the state level, others at the county level, and there may even be some at a city level.

Kansas state regulations are pretty strict (as are Oregon). But I have found some county ones that were equally strict, and stricter than the rest of their state.

I’m down in South East Kansas in Pittsburg/Fort Scott. I’m in the same boat. My implants are arriving this week hopefully. I’ve already checked out all the tattoo shops and piercers around here. I’ve been told by a couple tattoo artists that there is a shop in KC that does implants but they couldn’t remember the name of the shop or the person who does it. I’ll be headed up to KC this weekend hopefully and go visiting all the tattoo shops as well. If you find anyone willing, can you let me know? If I find someone, I’ll let you know!

1 Like

Hey, there is someone else in Kansas! I’ll definitely keep you posted if I find someone. I was able to visit four places a week and a half ago, but no success yet. I put my search on hold for a bit because I can’t rest my hands and let them heal at the moment if I were to get the implant done, but hopefully within a week or so I can resume looking.

Gotcha. I’ll start working from south to north KC Saturday and Sunday. I’m going to make a spread sheet on google drive with all the tattoo shops so I can make notes and keep track of them all. Crossing my fingers that we can find someone in KC!

1 Like

If you do, please report it back. Thanks.

It does look like regulations might prohibit it though.

1 Like

Wilco!

I found a bartender down in South East Kansas who is willing to stab me with a needle tomorrow night. I’ve given info and will be bringing info tomorrow for both of us to go over before the procedure. But maybe I found the only person Kansas willing to do installs for a 2 drink minimum! XD
I’m going to live stream it for a discord server and hopefully have someone recording it. So if the first install goes well, I’ll have him do the second install right after. If I have doubts after the first install, then I’ll go up to KC tomorrow night and start my search Sat night and Sun morning/afternoon.
Will definitely update afterwards with all the good, bad, and ugly!

1 Like

Well USPS tracking shows the implants were delivered at 9:08 this morning, however there is nothing in my mailbox :confused:
Filed a missing mail report online. No implants for me tonight :frowning:

1 Like

Check your neighbors with inverted addresses.

For ex.
You live at 101 N Main st.
Drive down to 101 S Main st, and tell them you’re looking for a missing package of medical supplies. (cause they won’t want to keep them if they don’t think they can use them.)

That’s a good idea! Thank you!
There’s 4 buildings all with the same apartment numbers. I can’t get in with my building’s key fob but I can ask the front desk to send a text to the residents on Monday. I’ll visit the inverted address today.