M1flex installation with Apex needle

That’s actually pretty cool… yeah sprinting to the bus when you’re probably all out of glycogen stores in your muscles (and probably glucose in your blood), you’re probably burning ketones which is much more difficult to do and not well suited for sudden spikes of your energy requirements.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be getting a gen1a.
There’s no chance :no_good_man: I’m taking the risk of having a bricked implant in my hand.

Snack? Eat what makes you happy that morning. You will be on your way to becoming a cyborg, you might not even need to eat human food soon after. :rofl:

4 Likes

I am wondering about this also. After thinking, I would be willing to self install this and the APEX flex on the knifes edge. I spoke to my local parlors, and only one guy knew of a person who does scapel work, and he is full up because of all the delays for a while.

My wife would help, so I wouldn’t be on my own at least. We also have experience working in sterile procedures.

5 Likes

Fuuuuuck. I was considering a M1Flex just for the better antenna over the X but dat gen2 has made my decision for me I think

2 Likes

That’s fair… but in actuality I need to do a new test on this to confirm. The problem is that these chips are underground grey market “Chinese specials” and their source and operation are both unconformable… so with this latest batch of chips I’ll be making flexM1s with I will test this again to confirm.

5 Likes

Won’t lie. I am stoked. I have the cyborg bundle in my cart, just waiting to see if I need to add anything before I hit checkout.

4 Likes

Initial flexM1 gen2 units are promising. The length is slightly longer to accommodate a rough antenna connection process which is hard to dial down in a reliable way… 38mm long… but the width is the same… 7mm at the bottom and 8mm at the top… good for needle pocketing.

6 Likes

dam it! i need to save for my proxmark not more chips haha, looks great!

4 Likes

Is this what I have been waiting for all week? I mean this in a good way.

1 Like

I have a couple questions regarding the flexibility (or rather, the durability) of the FlexM1 and similar format implants: if you implant it in a slightly fleshy spot - as opposed to along a bone - it’ll bend when you press down on it. That means the copper wire in the coil will bend. My questions are these:

• If the fleshy bit is fleshy enough, and you press hard enough, does the copper wire deform permanently? Copper isn’t very springy, so I expect it to deform plastically each time the device is subjected to bending.

• Have you done a metal fatigue test? I.e. how many times can you bend it until the wire breaks, and how does the amount of bending reduce the number of cycles?

• Have you noticed delamination or shearing between the top or bottom of the flexible silicone and the embedded inflexible copper in the middle, as the device is flexed repeatedly?

5 Likes

A in depth post about testing like the one for the x form factor implants would be very nice tbh. I am sure it is on your long list @amal.

3 Likes

This doesn’t answer your questions about the implants outside the body, but it could be interesting.

Just a heads up it’s not silicon or silicone.

6 Likes

I have some failures of some flex where the chip works but the coating isn’t implant quality so I can do some in vitro testing.

3 Likes

Interesting video, thanks. But you’re right: it doesn’t answer my questions. It’s strictly anecdotal and suppositions. If anything, it reinforces my belief that such an implant should be backed up by a bone underneath. If I implanted a flex in the forearm where the person in the video implanted his, I’d damage it in 2 minutes flat when I work in tight spots on my vehicles - tight enough as in, I come out of the workshop with bloody hands and arms.

1 Like

99.9% sure that the person is @Satur9, pretty sure they made the video to share in this thread.

4 Likes

With that in consideration, where do you get injured the least where you would put one of these?

Could put some under some chicken or pork skin and try using the back of a bolt on it. Could simulate fixing a car and having hands pushed up against something.

Oh yes, duh me. I didn’t realize… I thought, how convenient, a video that addresses my concerns :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A bit messy, and in my opinion, not extreme enough… I did this instead;

7 Likes