Magnet Removal ( Non-DT )

Doesn’t the parylene basically bond to flesh? I’d think that would have some to do with making it fun to dig out.

2 Likes

No, parylene only allows tissue to bond to it if applied in a specific way as to allow a suitably porous surface.

1 Like

Could golfball dimpling titanium achieve the same type of effect?

Not sure what you’d use it for but tricks in the tool box

1 Like

A magnet doesn’t make me an expert in implant coating, but I need to mention that the case has to be studied in whole details.
What I’m trying to phrase is that not only the coating, but what’s underneath that matters as well.
A polymer coated titanium might be safe, might be unnecessary? Regardless, an itsy bitsy layer of parylene will not turn a piece of metal biosafe.

I heard about the obsolescence of the implant and accepted the risk that my body was exposed to.
Now I know :brain:
I tried it…, so you don’t have to.

The implant went through all sorts of extremes.
I consumed grams (often 1-5 tablespoons) of Vit-C on a daily basis and the magnet got a few (harsh) mechanical impacts.
I don’t mean that less acid or smooth handling can make parylene coated magnets safer.

My personal recommendation is: get it removed and feel better. :point_right::+1:

More about the healing and the palm as location soon.

7 Likes

UPDATE

I consider it healed, the scar will improve.
There is some scar tissue grown beneath, resembling the feel and shape of the late magnet.

Other than that, I thought I’ll miss the “sensing” bit more.
In some aspects, having no magnet feels more comfortable. This, and the rather aesthetic scar completes my voyage to something I feel good about.
It will look better once the place of the suture heals up.

Recommendation:
-Doing what I did :point_right: NOT recommended! 🙅 *
-Getting @greydoc to remove your magnet :point_right: Hell yeah! :ok_hand:and let me just leave it like that, as we were talking about upcoming project that are not implant related. :soon::selfie:

*I didn’t regret it, but would think twice doing it again.
:soon: Friday

5 Likes