Magnets! Magnets! Magnets! šŸ§² ( R&D )

The beginning of the never-ending quest for the supremo subdermal sensing implantable magnet.
( We already have a great lifting magnet in the xG3 )
Driven by community members for community members and the greater biohacking community.

If you know a biohacker or even a magician that can contribute or may be interested in this thread, please share this link

3 Likes

6 Likes

So, with this being THE magnet thread, thereā€™s probably gonna be a bunch of people who keep discovering it. I think itā€™d be best to put Amalā€™s video up here as a great place to understand the history and failures of the magnet implants, before we try to figure a way to work around that. Or at least talk for years to come about working around that. :wink:

3 Likes

This is probably a good video to have up as well. Justin does a good job explaining the pitfalls and what to avoid, so people donā€™t go buying gold coated magnets and sticking them in their fingers.

4 Likes

Given that weā€™re going over the basics to give a good foundation, I thought Iā€™d mention the mass problem.

To be an effective sensing magnet, the magnet needs to have a high field strength, which is why N52 grade magnets are used. And, it also needs a low mass, so that it can move easily back and forth when exposed to a field.

This basic concept is the root of the coating problem. You can make high strength magnets, and you can safely coat them. But a SAFE coating ends up being so thick that the overall mass get too heavy and dampens the motion out.

The ideal magnet would be:

• Small / Light
  • Magnetically powerful
  • Extremely bio-safe.

Right now, you can have any 2 of the 3. Which just wonā€™t cut it.

Examples:

The M31 of old, was small and powerful. It had good sensing properties. It would also break down the coating in the body and turn into magnetic rust. :nauseated_face:

The Current xG3 (lifting magnet) is Powerful and biosafe (glass coating) But physically largeish and mass-y. The mass dampens out the feel. Some people report some sensing with it, but itā€™s far far from useable in that regard as a sensing magnet.

This issue (coating safety vs mass) is the one thing that I think really stops development. Crack that code and sensing magnets will probably make a comeback. However, this is gonna be tough.

There may be another solution. Rather than looking for a small implant in the finger, Cass is playing around with magnetic arrays that are coated as one piece and placed in the back of the hand in order to activate more nerves. It looks like an interesting workaround to the mass problem, but it would affect planning future implants quite a bit.

Like these(keep in mind theyā€™re prototypes)

4 Likes

I think Cassox is using PET, but donā€™t quote me

PET?

Pellucid

Naaā€¦ pet (polyethylene terephthalate or ā€œpop bottleā€ plastic) breaks down in the body. Itā€™s some kind of dental plastic usually used to make molds with. Heā€™s also used pmma before (another common dental product), but it has other issues.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious where they will be implanted - fingertips are massively innervated, but too small; arms and hands are ā€œeasy placesā€, but not so well innervatedā€¦ maybe one should put them on the solarplexus? Face? Are there other areas with really many nerves, where they would still prove useful?

Back of the hand maybe?

Thought about that, too, but just considering sensitivity, at least my back of the hand isnā€™t so sensual at allā€¦ itā€™s okay, somehow, but not nearly as much as several other areas of the bodyā€¦

Itā€™s only open to a fraction of the populationā€¦ butā€¦ sounds like soon there will be aā€¦

Compass dick?

2 Likes

Why that? I might want to get a compass pussy as well :smiley:
Tbh, would be nice to have that northsense stuff down there^^

2 Likes

Would also only be open to a fraction of the population. I think dick and pussy are different things, in fact it is a bit like Pepsi and Coke, I strongly prefer one, but my dad thinks they taste the same :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe on the side of hand below the pinky? Or maybe on the palm below the thumb?

By the way can someone explain why Flex and X implants should not be installed on the palm side?

It is a gripping surface. So the risks of damage from crushing it while lifting things and skin shifting around in that area.

Not to mention the healing process is that much more irritating.

Now rethinking it might also hurt more as thereā€™s a lot of muscle on the palm side