Mega xGLO anyone?

That’s remarkable considery hydrogen solidifies at 14K. Your air conditioning bill must be enormous :slight_smile:

Well it might be bogus, but it’s been shining for some months now, not as bright as the 3*22mm ones I have.

For @anon3825968 the 14k i don’t understand, I bought it too see if I could use it as an emergency light for the car, so it’s just been siting in the garage of my old apartment :sweat_smile:

@amal, should I be worried about radiation poisoning since I don’t know how it’s been treated? :sweat_smile:
I might need to borrow a Geiger counter at my local university now :sweat_smile:

There was an implant powered by (I shit you not!!!) thermonuclear battery, but I hardly can find any details about it.
As far as I remember the power pack consisted of some radioactive stuff casually decaying in a l̶e̶a̶d̶ titanium case and heating up a peltier (?) maybe. It was a heart beat regulator, and I guess the technology is very outdated from todays perspective. It was used decades ago in a few cases, but wasn’t too popular. I read about it years ago, and even that was a short description. Asked a cardiologist about it, he said he works with more modern devices.
Also…you know how my memory works… so if anyone has a link or better knowledge please correct me.

Don’t peltiers need a good heat differential?

Also that would be dumping a ton of heat into the body, not sure what that does

Thermopile would be the correct term, you are right!

In theory you could regulate the other side of the peltier with body temperature. Sometimes one side is kept on constant heat, especially in devices which are measuring stupid temperatures, like foundries.

That’s crazy, they have radiation doses for spouses… I can never kept radiation dosages straight in my head

Is .1 rem good or bad?

Assuming my Google is wrong
I think that’s right on the cusp of average limit, but not taking into account the .1 you would possibly get from the rest of the world

Is it weird that I’m less shocked and more geeked about this?

Also the line about withstanding gunshots? No lol maybe a 22
Titanium’s cool and all but it’s not stopping any center fire rifle

I’d be curious to see how a standard 9mm hollow point would fair,
The hollow point WANTS to stop, but that’s still asking a lot from a hollow titanium shell

…reeeling the gun geek back, it’s all pretty moot either way, if it DID stop a bullet it’s highly likely to cause trauma to the heart either way…

I think that it’s mostly about public safety rather than the poor sap that got shot in the heart

14 kelvin - or −259.14 degrees C. You stated you bought a tritium rod. I was pointing out that, for you to have a solid rod of hydrogen (of which tritium is an isotope), it must be friggin’ cold in your house :slight_smile:

Okay :slightly_smiling_face: that makes more sense :slightly_smiling_face:
Here’s a screenshot of the listing:

And I see i bought it a little over 4months😛