Mk1 and magic ring

i cant copy my card to the ring it keep telling me:
Copying to magic gen1a card wupC1 error Can’t set magic card block: 0 .
at this point im lost . im using latest software and its just laptop to ring no phone used
any help would be great

can you do an hf search on the ring and see what it says? post a screenshot

1 Like

sorry for the late reply i thought i would have gotten a message or email notify me i have a new message
i will have to get back to you with the card info as i left it at work do to the “snow” we had i left early and left it at work bummer. the ring is a brand new dangerous minds ring - it has the single dot though a new version is my guess ? let me get the ring info for you i will repost . thanks for the quick reply also

[usb] pm3 → hf search
[|] Searching for ISO14443-A tag…
[+] UID: 9A 3D E1 1A
[+] ATQA: 00 04
[+] SAK: 08 [2]
[+] Possible types:
[+] MIFARE Classic 1K
[=] proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
[+] Prng detection: weak
[#] Auth error
[?] Hint: try hf mf commands

[+] Valid ISO 14443-A tag found

[usb] pm3

i think i remember the card i want to copy is a gen1 card but i cant tell again its at work
and i think im trying to copy it to the ring the wrong way with autopwn but i could be wrong .

Can you post the output of hf 14a info' and hf mf cview`?

Usually the wupc1 error is just bad coupling between the antennas and some distance between the two can help.
Try putting a little difference between the proxmark and the ring then trying the above two commands again.

i think i got the card copied - but im not sure if its just the uid as it now matchs the cards uid that i wanted to clone so thats a good thing

here is the info u requested
[usb] pm3 → hf 14a info

[+] UID: 46 FF EE 2C
[+] ATQA: 00 04
[+] SAK: 08 [2]
[+] Possible types:
[+] MIFARE Classic 1K
[=] proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
[+] Prng detection: weak
[#] Auth error
[?] Hint: try hf mf commands

[usb] pm3 → hf mf cview
[+] View magic Gen1a MIFARE Classic 1K
[=] .[#] wupC1 error
[!] Can’t get magic card block: 0
[?] Verify your card size, and try again or try another tag position

or this

[usb] pm3 → hf mf cview
[+] View magic Gen1a MIFARE Classic 1K
[=] .[!] iso14443a card select failed
[usb] pm3

i should also note i did remove the center board on the proxmark so the antenna is exsposed/ closer and i have tried flipping the ring , moving it a few mm away , changing the location orientation an so on
but again hf search i get the uid of the card i wanted to clone now
as far as the info from that card i have no idea how to move it all over to the ring since the card is gen1 and the ring is gen2

I must admit, Im not that familiar with the magic ring and dont have first hand experience with one.

I had a look on the website and noticed a few different versions of the same ring. Apologies for the rude/insulting question but can you verify your ring is the gen1a version? Just to remove human error from the start before looking at more technical troubleshooting.

Regardless of gen1a/2 type of chip, try reading some data from the ring using the normal non-magic commands. You may need to check what keys the sectors are using before reading but this should be a good test of interacting with the data on the ring.

the ring is the new ring from them as the new ring only has the single dot , and from what i read and see its a gen2 ring - the card im trying to copy is a gen 1 clearly stated on the search verbose … i did however somehow get the uid copied . i keep hearing the card just needs to be copied/cloned with out the magic commands, and this is how i copied the uid. i must have been copying it with the wrong commands .

to be clear, the new magic ring v2 has no dots at all.

the magic ring v1 used to have a single dot and two dots over the mifare chip but for later batches we just went single dot.

thank you

1 Like