Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Get thee behind me, Metric-icity!

Seriously though, I’m aiming for a minimalist yet highly functional kind of look. For instance, I don’t know what use the circles or shaded boxes could be? Therefore, don’t want.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind bleed and drift. While the tattoo will remain rather dimensionally accurate, as you age the ink will bleed and fade. so id probably get rid of 1/16th and 1/32 marks. they will just blur out. Also, per your comment about quality. You can specifically ask shops for artists they have that specialize in linework. they usually have a better understanding of proper depth to reduce blowouts which would be pretty important for a tattoo of this nature.

3 Likes

Yeah… the pictures are usually the best work, and most use a lot of contrast on the pictures as well, so judging colourwork is even harder.
I’d try to search among fineline artists, because they do literally that - fine lines. So they should be able to make very detailed tattoos that ideally age well (no bleeding / blurring, save for the amount your body decides to do anyways). Problem is, fine line is a big trend currently (at least in Europe), so a lot of people do it and they’re not neccessarily good. Maybe you can search some forums where people post the tattoos they have and not those they did - this can be a lot more honest. Or ask around the tattooed people you already know, they might have some recommendations.

Upgraded my septum :smiley:
I had five 1.2mm blackened niobium rings before, removed one (seems to sit a bit better) and added two 18k gold rings. I’m calling it a Christmas gift to myself :blush:

Photographing your own nose is surprisingly difficult.

7 Likes

Sorry that I couldn’t quote your latest post from the fluffy cyborg thread, @invalid_signal. I’m now curious about the tattoo on your left arm. And do you have any other mods? Apart from the awesome screw holder magnet and a few dozen chips.

1 Like

It’s this one

I have 12 tattoos, used to have a few piercings but not anymore. Three of the tattoos are Firefly/Serenity themed, and two are biomech style. Then a dragon, skull, Hindi lyrics to a song, another skull, and a Celtic knot with barbwire.

1 Like

I’d love to see those!

I want to get some color done on it. Was supposed to have some, but life got in the way and never went back for it.

I kind of regret this one. I should’ve waited until I found a better biomech artist, but I think it can be touched up to look a little more realistic and less of a drawing. Also want to add color to it as well.

4 Likes

At what point do you stop counting and just say a lot?

I have many tattoos that kind of conjoin in areas but i honestly dont count them individually. like one tattoo was 2 sessions and i added some small things during session 2 so i still consider it just 1 tattoo.

2 Likes

I’ve stopped counting a while ago, I had to recount a few times lol
I usually just answer the “how many” question with “not enough”

2 Likes

NGL, I kinda want to get some biomech subdermals and probably a few tattoos as well. But my favorite type of subdermals are the ones with electronics. :logo_dt_circle:

2 Likes

Ended up getting lowbrets today.

Some may say I am too old, I say shut up and let me have fun. Very happy with them. Piercer was a bit unhappy with the angle that one side came out, and ended up doing it twice, so that side is extra swollen. Pretty sure they are symmetric (hopefully…)

4 Likes

Dunno why I posted the worst selfie I took of this. Wonky eyed and silly facial expression :smiley:

2 Likes

6g septum
A few tattoos :rofl:

I feel like anything done to or removed from your body is in essence a body mod :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Always fun to just say…percentage of body coverage…

1 Like

spent two weeks in hawaii. last day of trip decided to get a half leg…

12 Likes

i’ve been thinking of getting my dimples pierced and i was wondering if anyone could tell me about they’re experience getting them done and healing them :slight_smile:

Mouth wash every hour or more. The swelling is more than you’d think, consider liquid food diet for about two weeks as you’re going to be biting your cheek quite a bit. Customer getting it done when you don’t have to interact and talk with someone for extended periods of time

thank you so much

I got my tongue split last week
[CW: fresh split, sutured, a bit o’ blood]

SPOILER_split

Above pic was 5 days ago; it’s been healing incredibly well. Below just now:

2024-02-27-11-41-12-475

Still some swelling (mostly on one side), but I’m regaining movement. Remaining sutures come out soon!

8 Likes