Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Oh for sure, me too. I’ve done my own surgeries a few times but anything involving the eyes is just atrocious for me. Scares the crap outta me.

I am planning on replacing my two upper canines with shiny titanium ones, and i might get the new ones a little longer for increased effect, so maybe if you count bones as an organ, I’ve stepped in that territory

That’s a really cool mod - I found this japanese (ex-)dentist some time ago, he makes really nice fangs and grills and all that, but that’s obviously not permanent.

https://www.instagram.com/fangophilia/?hl=de
proxy-image

Still think about visiting him when he comes to Germany again.

But for the permanent solution you’re planning - how is that done? Guess the teeth are removed and implants added instead? If so, what kind of artist is doing that, or did you find a dentist who’s willing to do it? I talked to mine some years ago about making my canines a bit more pointy, and she was not happy about that :wink:

I think Haworth himself actually got this mod recently! You can check out his Instagram for pics, I couldn’t do it myself as I have the teeth of someone living in 11th century England but it looks pretty friggin’ awesome.

Exactly. I also feel like that would change the way I am seen by others in a way I wouldn’t like. I’m pretty heavily tattooed with some facial piercings (none on my face/neck though) and definitely get “looks” occasionally, but with eyes being the “window to the soul” and all I don’t think I’d want to permanently alter the initial perception people have of me in that way.

Good point. I love knowing my artist is only a 30 minute drive away if I need anything.

God I miss reading BME in the mid-00s! I haven’t heard anyone mention BME in forever.

It definitely changes the appearance a lot, in a way that even facial tattoos or piercings won’t. I think if people knew you before, they would have a hard time getting along with the tattooed eyes, just because you totally look like a different person with that. Similar to removing nose or ears - it’s such a massive change, compared to tattoos or piercings. I love how people are able to get that done (I’m all for body autonomy, obviously), but at the same time I’m happy that neither I nor my friends plan on doing it :wink:

I know - I’m getting old :smile:
I still think BME left a gap that no other page yet filled… so many wonderfully stupid ideas, experimental stuff and great artists.

2 Likes

I follow Jahaell Maria Dilambas on Telegram (Jafahell Maria Dilambas – Telegram)). He’s from Brazil and does some extreme but awesome scarifications! I can’t imagine the pain the clients must go through, and the healing must be tough as hell.

1 Like

Oh that’s sick! What’s his instagram again?

Yep! The procedure itself is actually the same thing they do when you need to replace a tooth for medical reasons, you just take it out on purpose first. A small screw is drilled into your jawbone, and the tooth is placed on top of it. Fairly easy to swap between ceramic/titanium too if you don’t like the look of it.

2 Likes

@steve_haworth - the post is pretty far back from around December 2018 I believe.

2 Likes

:star_struck:
Now that’s some amazing work! I love the bigger pieces, full back and all, but the healing time must be sooooo annoying… (No way I could scrub my own back with a lemon and sugar :smile: )

Especially the facial scars could be tough, yes, but still - it’s all not thaaat bad :wink: It’s a bit more intense than a tattoo, but not that much. By the way, any further thoughts on your

? :slight_smile:

Ah okay, thanks! I am terribly afraid of dentists, so I guess I’ll pass on that one, but I’d really like to see some pictures when you get it done - titan fangs surely look great!

Still a fantasy … so far! Would be something like this, a bit shorter probably:

But I got another tattoo in the meantime! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, you need someone to help out with this. But still, lemon and sugar on an open wound makes me shiver …

Mind to show it? I loved your tattoos so far, so now I’m curious! :smile:

Naaah, you start that in week 2, so there is no “open” wound :wink: Worst thing that happens is slightly reddish skin after several weeks of rubbing that stuff in^^

2 Likes

NGL, the procedure freaks me out a bit. But I also like the idea of having metal teeth… Along with the desire to get even more metal inside of me. And more electronics as well.

I guess that this cyborg thing is a part of me now… And I want to go full robot or at least as close to that as possible…

1 Like

Imagine glass teeth with led’s inside. Don’t think you could eat with them but it would be fun to smile.

2 Likes

I guess that if you’re going to do something like that, metal is probably better. Looks cool, it’s functional, and has been tested extensively.

Although you could end up looking like a James Bond vilain if you get too much metal in your mouth…

1 Like

Hey! I’ve been thinking of getting the smaller power button. How bright it is after this time? Is it any dimmer when charged compared to newly installed or the same? How’s your experience been with it? :grin:

My installer has one but in the place his eyes can’t see straight away and little hidden. He said that it’s not that bright what he expected. Might be perspective thing or something maybe? :thinking:

Same. But im not sure where I want to put it. Im thinking about the tip top of the D, but im not sure if thats been done before or if its evena good idea.

No difference at all - it didn’t glow during healing, obviously, but after that it’s all fine.
The brightness is good to see in a dark (!) room once your eyes accomodated, but it’s not really visible in clubs or the like, unless you charge it with an UV flashlight. So it’s not “flashy”, rather a bit more discreet. I like it that way :wink:
Other than that, it’s one of the most comfortable bodymods - it’s just there, it’s beautiful and causes no problems at all :slight_smile:

Oh, and @Maiku - I love your idea! No clue if it’s possible, but it’s pretty cool! :smile:

1 Like

Sigh. Little update - no new glowy for me today. My artist is sick :cry:

1 Like

Oh this is awesome! :grin:

Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully it will be rescheduled soon. What are you getting and where ? :wink: