Most versatile HF implant

I all!

I have no specific need for an HF implant at the moment. What is the most versatile implant for looking at cloning access control credentials so that you have options in the future? Mainly .

Thanks!

Potentially the NExT? You’re getting two chips in a single implant. The HF side is an NTAG216 and it also has a LF side with a T5577.

Do note that cloning HF credentials is not always possible and those that are clonable will probably require an xM1 or flexM1.

1 Like

Anything with t55 in it, so NExT, xem, flexem, etc…

1 Like

I’m going off your thread title

Most versatile HF implant

Because your wording in the post could be interpreted as

~ Don’t need HF implant and looking at most versatile

Pac rightly suggested a T5577 chip option, BUT from your title, I would suggest the HF equivalent like enginerd suggested, the Mifare Classic range.

If it is in the future, I would suggest the YET TO BE RELEASED xMagic ( whensoon )

4 Likes

Ah, thanks; I can see how confusing I made it.

I currently have an xEM implant and want an HF implant. However, I don’t need one, i.e., a card to clone, etc. So I want to know which one I should get and which is the most versatile so I can clone cards to it in the future.

Thanks, everyone, it looks like I might wait for the xMagic

Well … An ntag implants can be ran through a phone and you can make cool automation, no card needed …

I think that the next would probably be the way to go, it has 2 sides with an HF NTAG216 and a LF T5577 chip with the T5577 chips are able to emulate almost every LF chip.

The future is NOW

@jonathansm, do you have an xMagic yet?

3 Likes

I got an xMagic implanted when I was at Defcon. Still having trouble reading the LF side with my Flipper, but it’ll read the HF side. I ended up picking up a Proxmark3 RDV4 too. Was able to clone my work HID badge to the xMagic. Haven’t tried anything with the HF side yet. Going on a work trip next month, will try to clone my hotel key to it.

2 Likes

Ive had extremely limited success with hotel key on the xMagic.
Hotel door reader are craptastic and most even have a hard time picking up a full size card … no way they can pick up the x- implant.

Please let us know how it goes and if you find a way to make them work.

So I had no luck when i was at the hotel. I was able to clone the room card to my Flipper and use that to access the room. Still trying to learn how to do it on the Proxmark3 RDV4. I was able to simulate the card on the Proxmark and was able to unlock the door with that. So it’s just something with writing to the xMagic is where my issue lies.

Seems like whenever I try to do a restore to the xMagic, I get errors on blk 0. Key B and key A both fail, but the rest write OK. When putting my hand near the reader, it doesn’t even register.

I kept the card to continue figuring it out at home. Only issue is I have no way of testing if I did it successfully. But so far, haven’t ben able to dump to the chip without an errors, so nothing to test yet.

Staying in another hotel in a couple weeks. Hopefully I’ll figure it out by then.

xMagic is a gen1a backdoor magic chip so simply writing to sector 0 with the restore command is not possible. Check the gen1a chip commands for proxmark3 under the HF menu

Finally went back and re-watched the video on how to clone the card. When I first watched it I was new to Proxmark and not all of the commands in the video worked. Now that I’ve been digging in the past couple months, I learned the commands and think I finally was able to clone it to the xMagic successfully.

I’ll be in a hotel next weekend and can try it again and test it.

Good luck, I hope it works, come up. The only other thing to consider is the fact that the battery powered door readers are not powerful enough to read a small X-Series implant.

So I cloned the card to the HF card that came with my Proxmark, and tested it successfully. I then dumped it onto the xMagic. Unfortunately, you were right about the battery powered door readers. Not strong enough to read the xMagic.