Muscle Implantaton

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has implanted into muscle as well. I wasn’t paying attention when implanting and ended up having it implanted into my muscle, just pinched a little when inserting.

I’m writing this because my chip is malfunctioning and hasn’t been able to read all week. It did read up to then though. Have you had trouble through this?

I don’t want to remove it, it is inside my muscle and that is a no-go! If it doesn’t want to work anymore, I’ll make sure it if it doesn’t and I’ll properly install a second one.

Would a USB reader/writer work better than my cell phone?

What chip do you have and where did you implant it? The X series is pretty finnicky with orientation to the reader, coupling could potentially just be your issue.

I have the NeXT chip, wasn’t finicky when it was working though.
Implanted in the webbing between. Forefinger and thumb

There’s a nonzero possibility it went too deep. I do know though that unless it was halfway through your hand you wouldn’t have trouble with reads. My xNT does about .25-.5in, xEM does about 1-1.5in.

Yes, a USB reader would have a better chance at reading a deeper chip. Since it was working and suddenly stopped, it’s possible;

• it just went out of range (too deep)

• migrated away from the area you think it’s in

• rotated in such a way that your normal reading orientation isn’t working

My suggestions are;

• get an ACR122U USB reader (and install the drivers!). They are notably strong and capable of reading xNT and NExT chips at quite a distance… about 10mm over the sweet spot. That should definitely get you a decent read no matter how deep.

• if you don’t get a read, assume your chip may have migrated up or down in the direction of the chip… so imagine the chip is a train on a track… it may have moved forward or backward quite a distance.

• if you don’t get any reads along this migration track, perhaps the chip has rotated… now it’s a game of submarine and sub hunter ship… and you’re the hunter… skimming the surface with the ASR122U… looking for elusive ping of the NExT’s NTAG216.

I apologize, we are in the process of re-vamping our help desk ticket system, so please bear with us :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize you posed additional questions, but your questions are great ones; your train of thought parallel’s what Amal and I have been discussing. In fact your contemplation that the chip has migrated further and now out of the coupling range you came to rely on, and being due to deep insertion in the muscle, is precisely what we suspect since you do not have symptoms that would suggest the chip is actually physically broken.

This is the situation with my own implant, which has caused me ever since to gently press on my hand in the implant spot to test KRB1’s due to the extreme depth of my implant, and I really have to be in the best orientation to get a read with my implant. In a weird way, this makes me the best tester of our stuff. If I can get a read, then the units are truly good to go :slight_smile:

We are thinking this is the most likely situation with your implant. The issue with the implant in the muscle is that encapsulation does not occur as it does in the fascia. Our implants are designed to resist tissue adherence but we desire encapsulation so that the implant stays in one place; while in the muscle, it can and will move around. After 5 years, I can still move mine around, but as I mentioned before, despite blunt force trauma to my hand on several occasions, the implant remains undamaged.

I will be posting this to our forum so others who are following your progress can checks this out.

Again, thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks with our help desk ticket system.

Rest assured, we are sending out your new unit today so you don’t have to always “hunt” for it like Amal has elaborately demonstrated. Our concern, as the manufacturer, is your safety. So, please perform the “hunt” procedure that Amal describes.

When you get your new unit, and at a point to attempt the install again, ensure that the implant is shallowly installed in the fascia (I know you know this, I just want others following your dilemma to observe this tenet as well :slight_smile: ).

My best,

MDanger