My DIY LED tag....well the electronics anyway

I just can’t get over how absolutely massive those implants are. It seems to me like it would have been better to be coated in @amal’s special goop. Lower profile and the LEDs could be pointed out all the time instead of possibly getting turned the wrong way.

2 Likes

Something occurred to me,

It’s a cylindrical implant, but the leds only face one direction that could be very problematic

2 Likes

This is what I’m expecting. Someone will implant it and it will get turned around giving a dim and diffuse illumination. Also with @Satur9 s investigation it would only light up reliably with specific readers.

It’s not that big, it’s 17mm x 3mm. For reference, the xg3 is 15mm x 3mm.

I guess they look so big because of refraction in the vials.

Correct, I did that intentionally to take those pictures, plus used my phone’s 2x zoom. As pac said, 17x3.05mm is the size of them. Same outer diameter as xM1 and only a bit longer than the longest DT xSeries

This is the telltale problem with flame sealing…

The hot glass is pulled in by cooling air and this creates a kind of dimple on sealed glass. That dimple is a stress point and the glass there is under tension. Also it’s very easy for that dimple to actually go too far and become a small tunnel through the glass.

8 Likes

Any update on this?

We haven’t seen @PaulT in a while, If he doesn’t answer this post, then @DonFire may have some information for you, He is more active on the Discord, but he may see this shoutout. :speaking_head:

That I did, I actually did end up installing my blue one, and it has healed nicely, and is nice in the dark / with good coupling, though getting it to light up and still be visible is somewhat difficult.

Here are some photos / videos :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Remind me again, was this not possible in a flex format for some reason? Feel like the large coil would allow to reader or phone to be a bit more offset so
You can enjoy the visual more

It’s possible. PaulT didn’t want to work with the community though he just wanted to raise some capital, so he kept the design secret and didn’t cooperate with DT. We don’t exactly have the bandwidth to reverse engineer it right now

I assume this project is dead?

I suspect so, we haven’t heard from PaulT in quite some time. I still have one of the prototypes, I don’t think it should be implanted though. I kept it to examine.

Fair enough

Just browsing the forums to see if folks have done any brighter led implant through conversion or official stuff

Currently have the xled (field detector) implanted for about a year now and it’s pretty sweet

I’m still polishing up this project

20230609_211513

Miana also has some interesting stuff in the works.

4 Likes

:eyes::eyes:

Nice!

Crazy bright!

I have that same silicone mat

Holy hell that’s bright. I would like to volunteer as tribute to shove any and all prototypes into me.

3 Likes

Mine is still in me and working too!

1 Like