My next (first) project: a cheap bicycle lock?

I use a u lock and a chain. I take the battery off my bike when I go inside as it is worth more than the rest of the bike.

So I am either buying these today or

https://www.egeetouch.com/products/electronic-padlock/

I am not sure about the latter, as it seems they use a proprietary nfc tag? I am unable to find out what kind of tag it is, and why you would have to punch in 4 numbers into the app to make it work.

1 Like

I can only speak to the egeetouch anecdotally, But the earlier ones at least worked with the xNT and the FlexNT, I’m not sure if they have kept the same protocol.
or even whether it is looking for NTAG216 or ISO14443A, if it’s the latter, then you will have a lot more implants to choose from.

??? 2FA ??? unless that is just an alternative unlock method?

The QuickLock you will need either a Spark original or xSLX. BUT you could also grab a QuickLock door lock at some stage and you have a matching pair :spades::clubs:

I think it is one of those things, whereby it is easier to decide once you get “hands on”;
Maybe buy both from Amazon and return the one less suited to your needs, THEN furnish and submit here on the forum, a 1000 word essay as to the suitability and pros and cons of each lock for a biohacker, its compatibility and security and all rounded off with a strong conclusion…actually, you might need to make it 2000 words :wink:

Yeah, I suppose I can do this. Not like it will make a mark on Bezos account.

I need to contribute something to this forum. Good idea

1 Like

Haha, You contribute plenty…:+1:
I was only Joking.
A simple
This lock works with this implant would be awesome :wink:

Any update? Did you recieve + test a lock yet?

1 Like

I have it, just haven’t put in the og spark yet. I have been using a regular lock to figure out where I want to put it.

1 Like

To clarify, my right knife has a vein I am not comfortable injecting by. And R1 has me worried because my NExT turned and sits on the bone now, just has me a bit worried about that spot also.

my spark 1 is in L4… between ring and middle finger… it’s a great placement for working with the GunBox and QuickLock… stuff that needs ISO15693

1 Like

They only need to be better than the bike next to yours, or they need to cause a scene to get it off. Universal master keys (the generator and angle grinder) are one thing, but depending on where you are storing your bike, that makes a lot of noise which draws attention.

Also, insurance. I insure my laptop as a single item. It’s worth doing.

1 Like