My NExT install

images - 2021-02-26T152920.739

1 Like

wink

2 Likes

Today marks 4 weeks since my install, It’s been a very uninteresting 4 weeks, but for those interested, or maybe newcomers looking at their first install, I thought I’d share my experience.

Procedure and aftercare

I chose to self install bevel down and followed Amal’s Procedure to the letter, down to measuring and marking out my hand. As far as aftercare, I used Neosporin the first couple days then Aloe gel (the same you would use on a sunburn).

As you can see there’s only a very tiny scar.

It is almost impossible to see the NExT with my hand at rest and difficult to see with a fist, however when clutching something very tightly you begin to see an oblong bump.

Vitamins and Supplements

I went with these Prenatal Supplements and I also took one of THESE 3 times a day.

My work schedule during this time.

I was off work the first 7 days.
Worked very light mechanical work 7 nights.
Off 7 more days.
Finally 7 days of medium duty mechanical work.

Migration

The NExT has only migrated towards its entrance 2.5-3mm and is currently locked in place with no play.

Reading and Writing

I get excellent HF reads from my iPhone and once properly aligned with proxmark3 easy using LF tune, I can read and write flawlessly to the t5577.

Getting it to read good on others phones and door readers will take a little more practice on my part but I’m confident with time I’ll get better.

Coming Soon

I had never intended on using my NExT for door readers at work before I got it (I expected the range would not be satisfactory in a work environment), I have since decided I do like the ability and will have the flexEM installed for that purpose in the first part of April.

3 Likes

This is exactly what you want with an implant :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I hope mine are the same lol, I just put mine in 4 hours ago and I’m still letting the wound heal