Mythbusters made me do it... My install experience

1-week update
Most swelling appears to have gone, though certain hand movements can be a little tender (I have been babying my hand as you would not believe).

Around day four a light-yellow bruising appeared around sites. It has lightened daily and almost now gone, and not even visible on camera. In the right light, the amber tint is visible.

The scabs are hanging on for dear life and as soon as they fall, I will start the scar cream.

20210625_180441~2

One thing of slight concern is xSIID. I am getting good reads and have done so since day one, though the blue LED has not been really visible at all. If I turn all the lights off, allow my eyes to adjust, and in pitch black, I can barely see what I think is a poor excuse for an almost invisible muddy colour blue (or it’s wishful thinking). I really hope that it is just pooled blood or something, and not an issue with the LED.

The xLED on the other hand… It be glowing STRONG. And to be honest has since installed. It’s just a little cleaner in colour now.

When making a fist, or closing my hand around something, the xLED does become visible. On the other hand, I am not able to see the xSIID at all and am not wanting to feel around for it until it has healed a little more.

20210625_180514

All-in-all, it’s looking promising!

Honestly just wait with the xsiid, most people are surprised that it can take 2 weeks if not a little longer to see the light but then gets bright pretty quick.

Or you could try it out in a pitch black room.

1 Like

Thanks, @Devilclarke. I’ll keep being patient.

I’ve tried it in a pitch black room and waited for my eyes to adjust, and I can see the tiniest, perhaps my eyes paying tricks on me, faintest pixel of blue?

2-week update
Ok, so Bert(xSIID) and Ernie(xLED) look like they have both settled into their new home.

All the swelling has gone down and the site is no longer tender to touch. Sometimes if I grab something tight or heavy, I get a reminder that they are still mending and to back-off. In addition, sometimes I will get a very light itching sensation or tightness around the location. I am still babying my hand, though am beginning to return to normal light use.
20210703_080117_2

The xLED has settled a little more and is now not as prominently visible as it was (but the LED is still as bright as a star). With a relaxed hand it can now not be seen, but on a fist or holding something, it can… TBH, I’m not mad about it, I don’t mind Ernie saying “Hi” every once in a while.

Now, the xSIID is reading great though I am still not really getting any real blinky from it. I will get a very, and I mean very, slight speck of blue in a pitch-black room with my eyes adjusted.

Though with this slight speck of blue, I was able to determine that during installation the LED end came out last when injecting. This meaning it is facing a different direction from the xLED that was also installed. I’m a little worried that xSIID will never show his light, or there’s an issue with the LED?

All-in-all, we are looking pretty good and I still have the scabs just barely hanging on (it’s taking all I have to not pick them!). I am hoping to start the scar cream this weekend. It’s been hard to use it as I work with gloves and heavy hand hygiene practices, so keeping the scar cream on and my hand moisturised, is almost impossible. But TBH, the sites have healed quite well and I have quite wrinkly hands so I think when all is said and done, the scars are going to be very discrete.

With this new experience, I am extremely happy with the entire process of chipping myself after many a year of it being on my mind…

• Customer service of DT, especially Michelle - A+++
  • Knowledge and support of this community - A+
  • Install by my piercer Jackie at The Piercing Shop here in Brisbane, AU - A+
  • Being able to just sit there and watch a little xLED blink in my hand - priceless!

Now, what’s going into me next…

3 Likes

I don’t have one, but from what I’ve seen, it can take a while before you see the xSIID’s blinky. I’d give it another week or two for swelling to go down before you worry.

1 Like

flexM1? :rofl: Or Apex flex?

I think we’re all agreed on that front :heart:

1 Like

Haha, I love that you have named them

1 Like

Thanks, @APartOfMe. I’ll keep patiently waiting with bated breath!

Don’t know if I am up for two flexies right away… But, they are both needed and defs going to be at least an Apex Flex! Thinking now I want to throw in an xG3 V2!

1 Like

For sure… Bert is the slender xSIID and Ernie is the fatter xLED.
They are just ‘best friends’ living together in my hand… How could they not have names?

1 Like

3-week update
In case anyone is still reading this… There is not much to report this week.

There is just a tiny little scab at the very entrance of Ernie’s home that is left to fall, and the skin is now starting to heal. As soon as Ernie’s scab falls, I’ll start the scar cream to help remove some of the fresh-skin pinkness.

Sadly, there is still nothing to report from Burt’s xSIID blinky… I have even tried a magnet to see if that would assist, but no changes and not sure as to what is going on here. I am generally getting good reads, though still just a slight speck of blue in a pitch-black room.

My first project is successfully in place… The front fence is now opening on scanning of the xSIID, so EXCITED! I was actually able to finally impress my non-interested partner with this. In addition, I was even able to get their Bankwest Halo ring scanning at the gate, this also impressed them… Two wins for the cyborg implant wants.

Now, just my front door to convert. @DonFire and I have tried to get my old Xiaomi Aqara front door lock to join the cyborg world, though due to power saving settings in the software, the xSIID’s antenna is not big enough to activate the reader into full power and get a read.

7 Likes

Yup, and thank you for the updates.

3 Likes

Any update on your xSIID?

6-week update
Thanks for the reminder and push @Kode.

There is not really much to report since my last post TBH… But, wow has 3 weeks flown!

The last scab from my xLED has finally come off and I can say that we are now all closed up. It took so long as I think that there was a skin flap in the wound to grow out.

I have my hand back at normal operation now and most often, I forget they are even there. There was an odd sensation in about week 5. It was a light tenderness and pulsing from the xSIID, but that was only for about 2 days and has not returned.

I am trying to get the scar cream happening. But, in this current C-word time and being in healthcare, getting anything to stay on my hands is impossible and I am sanitising every 5 seconds. Most of my wounds will go a light pink and fade out eventually.

As for Ernie (xSIID), he still has not improved with his LED. There is no progress here and I don’t think there will be now. I am still getting good reads from the chip, though only an extremely dim slight speck of blue in a pitch-black room with adjusted eyes… I think there’s something odd going on here, or a fault with the LED?

The xLED is still shining bright as ever and I am always playing with it…There is something truly mesmerising about watching it flicker and lining both the xSIID and xLED in one read for a nice steady glow.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go blink myself right now!

Dang that really sucks about your xSIID. That’s the same one I’m getting. Hopefully someone chimes in with some advice or troubleshooting.

How are Bert and Ernie?
Specifically Ernie?
Shining bright like the star he is :blinky_blue:

1 Like

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster

Thanks for checking in!

I do have a very, very odd update with regards to the boys…

A fortnight ago, I was sitting about and checked in with @DonFire about how their Titan was going. During our chat, I scanned Ernie… (I quite often play around with Bert just watching them flicker around, but have given up on Ernie).

For some reason tonight, Ernie turned on a light… In a dimly lit room, I was actually seeing blue… I was ecstatic! This was the first time Ernie had truly said ‘hello’.

He was by no means bright, but was visible… I was able to get my non-cyborg and completely uninterested partner to reluctantly capture this rare moment on film. (albeit terrible quality)

Here the lovely couple can be seen together with Ernie to the lower-right of Burt. Burt really is a bright spark, he can even throw a reflection off my shiny phone!
IMG_9676

But, that was the last time I saw Ernie. He hung around for a few days and now his light is back to how it was before… Only a speck in a pitch-black room.

So, odd.

2 Likes

:cry:

Quite odd actually, I hope we get to see Ernie again in the future :slight_smile: :blue_heart:

Maybe it’s rotating? I know my xSIID rotates a fair bit. Try looking at this thread and seeing if you can rotate it back!

2 Likes

Thanks for this info @APartOfMe, though I have already tried this in the past.

Unfortunately, this technique did not appear to assist.

I think he does rotate around, though when he is facing the right way, he is just really dim?