National shame.. a pictorial

1 Like

Just saw the press conference as well, and the reactions of international politicians.

Funny enough…
In Germany, most politicians felt as shocked and disgusted as myself. Our President of the Bundestag just said they now want to check the security at the Reichstag building. Yeah. Let’s talk about fighting symptoms. I hope things like that won’t ever happen here in Germany, but not because of better security :expressionless:

2 Likes

Things in the US have been polarizing since the 50s… with the velocity increasing exponentially since the late 70s. We are now seeing this kind of pendulum swing where we swing between perceived extremes… bush to obama to trump to biden … and it’s creating a resonance that only intensifies those swings and drives everyone further apart. I can only hope that Biden lives up to be the “centrist” he’s touted to be… if not for better policy, at least to maybe try to stitch the tatters left of this country together.

1 Like

I’m really curious where they will set it this year, given that last year is the closest to midnight it has ever been (100 seconds) and with all that has happened in 2020

I don’t know, I don’t look at it no more. Firstly I’m not interested in depressing news - or in any news that’s not about an imminent threat to my family, or that isn’t good news, if I’m honest. Secondly, it was a nuclear Cold War thing: it’s been expanded to include any old threat to humanity, but it’s not quite the same thing is it… Not the same magic :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

Apparently “they” are now claiming that the violence was perpetrated by “Antifa infiltrators”… and I can’t…

3 Likes

Yeah what are they going to say? They’re white supremacists, when they are in danger for something they did… Well… Blacks, Latinos and antifa did it. Trump warned you people.

1 Like

would been funny, had it not been so true and sad as well.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why they scream “terrorism” though…

This guy is clearly taking a political stand.

5 Likes

Is this “The greatest post of 2021” material?

4 Likes

This maybe too soon, but if not too soon it will be too late.
Besides if you don’t laugh you will cry :cry:

6 Likes

And a lid on top.

1 Like

I don’t know… Maybe I’m a sorry killjoy, but watching a bunch of gullible white trash imbeciles brainwashed by their own president and his super-rich friends disrupt a nation’s democractic institutions will never be funny, however you spin it.

1 Like

This. Humour as a coping mechanism.

4 Likes

Yes it is.
Especially the “If the US saw what’s going on in the US, the US would invade it and bring democracy to the US” type of jokes.

5 Likes

One part of me knows @anon3825968 is right, but most of me is in the laugh or cry zone.

3 Likes

yeah. Leading up to the election I was saying that is this were most other countries, there would be UN peacekeeping forces or some international oversight of some kind sent to monitor the election

2 Likes