National shame.. a pictorial

Yeah, that too.

Is it just me, or does it look like the Capitol was taken over by Jamiroquai?

1 Like

yeaaa boiii… he got dat canned heat !!

Quite a lot of virtual insanity too…

Now always seem to, be governed by this love we have
For useless, twisting, our new technology

Transmetropolitan had a very good depiction of Trumps first victory in it as well. About a decade earlier, though!

Quite the opposite.
If they start a civil cold war, they would need money more than ever. And foreign war is the biggest money machine for US economy…

You sure do have far too much faith in humankind, @anon3825968:rofl:

1 Like

Never underestimate the ability of Americans to show their best as well as their worst.

I never underestimate human stupidity…

It does wonders to my health! :grimacing:

The only other thing I never underestimate is humankind’s ability to disappoint me. :yum:

1 Like

I don’t. But there is one thing with human beings: it’s always on the brink of disaster that they show their best. What’s troubling is they always have to get to the brink of disaster to do that, instead of trying their best all the time.

Meanwhile, the rest of us outside the US look at this the same way we’ve been looking at the Trump presidency for the past 4 years, shaking our heads slowly, then going back to our normal lives.

Perhaps the UK is experiencing a minor nationwide power surge as people put the kettle on…

1 Like

Genuinely curious what those things might be?

1 Like

Can you link to documentation of this? By who’s counting? I mean, if we’re talking about media reports of numbers or public release of numbers by the office, those releases can easily happen well after counting stops and counts from each station are consolidated and certified as legit … the idea that votes were “found” is not what I think is actually happening. Counting has stopped yes but results needs verification and consolidation… that can take time.

4 Likes

Moved to junk allow heads to cool, and respect the rules

Time out! I wanna talk about doubts of the voting numbers before we dive into the abyss of gun control

4 Likes

3 Likes

This has always been a friendly place. But emotions are hot right now. It’s not possible to have a friendly conversation when everything is so emotionally charged, especially about topics that tend to bring out the most angry arguments.

Today’s events ARE BULLSHIT. But this isn’t the time for a gun control / 2nd amendment discussion. Not the time. It will end badly.

From what I gather off the news. 1 person dead. 13 arrests. The democratic process insulted and delayed, but ultimately successful.

The repercussions however are going to be vast. It’s my belief that those who grab for violence to enforce their arguments usually end up turning most people against their cause leaving them worse than when they started. Case in point, for a great many people, any sympathy they may have had with the views these people express is just gone now. They’ve cut themselves off from any support they might have had and further isolated themselves. I expect they will never fade away completely, but the political implosion will likely be staggering in the years to come.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I was going to open a short term thread for the Gun control topic

But this really isn’t the place, or more specifically the time for that discussion in the current climate.

I am going to delete the gun control comments BEFORE & AFTER Amal asked for them to be shut down and he was ignored!

The Dangerous Things Forum!

This is a place to discuss biohacking, projects, and technology. This is not place to spout religious dogma, nonsensical ideological arguments, ramblings about government mind control conspiracies, secret alien implants, etc.

Be civil, be adults, and be interesting - or face the ban hammer.

We have had this discussion before and people behaved well, l if we must have it at all, lets have it in the Discord where it is better suited.

Make sure you abide by the Discord rules laid out there also. or equally you risk facing the Ban hammer

Discord rules

SERVER RULES
• Be friendly, accepting, and supportive. This is a no judgment server.
• Be considerate of other peoples beliefs and opinions.
• Harassment or discrimination is not tolerated.
• Any image or comment supporting, encouraging or normalizing any immoral or illegal activity.
• Adult Topics are allowed but be aware of your audience.
• This server is a proud supporter, and ally of the LGBT+ community! Checkout the pronouns section in #role-selection
• Spamming of any kind is not acceptable
• Don’t make us add any more rules…

For lighter offences you will get a warning but with more severe offences you will be banned without a second chance.

There are multiple chats for a variety of subjects. We recommend that you go to the DT forum for implant support as the user base is much larger and posting on there means your post can go on to help other in the future.

If you feel like it, posted about yourself in the “All about you” channel!

Please remember that this server is about body modification and implantation as such you will see images and video of this with all the gore that entails.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ping the @Moderator or @Admin role or use #report-an-issue channel to file a ticket.

Keep your comments civil, and Fact based or make it clear that you are stating your opinions or best guess’

The political channel is in full swing so use the misc-sensitive-topics channel

Here is the invite if you need it

KEEP IT CIVIL :exclamation:

3 Likes

From the news. More accurate info than what I’d posted before. It also looks like there’s gonna be a major review of the D.C. police response.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place (or time) so @Pilgrimsmaster feel free to delete this if it isn’t.

I was just curious, the video below this quote in Amals post, where the cops open the gates: I just assumed that they were trying to prevent a crush/were scared shitless by the mob and didn’t want to stand in their way. At least, I find that more likely then them being their friends and opening it up for them.