Need ideas for my new toy

Need crazy but feasible ideas on what to do with this thing other than scare the neighborhood kids.

Excuse the mess, I’m packing.

11 Likes

Fetch your mail / newspaper.

Run out to greet anyone who enters your front yard and then follow them around.

Voice command to fetch a small number of things. IE, “Yo Dog, beer me!”

Needs a 3d printed gatling laser.

6 Likes

There’s a bush in my front yard that people love letting their dog pee on. I think I need to set my dog up next to it and then pop out when they go to take a tinkle.

Also think it needs a nerf minigun turret on top.

Maybe I’ll walk it around the neighborhood and leave little piles of old electronics in people’s yards.

7 Likes

Oooh, set it to run up to people and hike a leg. When they move it repositions. Relentlessly.

3 Likes

My internal thoughts: I don’t need this! I don’t NEED this! I DON’T NEED THIS!

But I sure want it…

Congratulations on the new toy. It looks awesome!

4 Likes

2 Likes

While I’m still waiting for Amal to agree to upload me into a full robot body, I just found my new pet!

Sure, it’s a robot and not a cyborg, but I still think it qualifies for the fur baby thread.

2 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

Duuuuude… how much? Work toy or personal home toy? Where do I get mine?

2 Likes

Just saying…

5 Likes

This was a personal toy. This version with the controller is about $3500 with shipping. I really wanted the EDU version which has low level hackability, but that starts at $10.5k.

2 Likes

It has a bunch of other features in the app but I try really hard not to install chinese apps.

Meh, who needs apps when they have attack robots in homes now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which is why I don’t want to run the app. Right now it’s not connected to any network.

1 Like

Yeah maybe get a burner android phone, set up hotspot, and link the bot to the phone only. Don’t put the phone on WiFi and you should be good yeah? Maybe not… maybe they only relay that stuff through their servers :confused:

Everything has low level hackability if you are brave enough, know enough, and have enough free time…

The time is the hardest thing to get IMHO.

Same…

2 small pressurized containers with the chemicals for Elephant Foam and some food coloring (brown), and it could stop, squat and drop a big steamy pile.

In front of your neighbors.

Sorry, my inner 11 year old got out.

4 Likes

I read that as “Elephant’s Foot” at first…

:radioactive:

1 Like

Nope nope nope. Want nothing to do with THAT.

1 Like