Need some help with planning new implants

Well, you had a trauma, and I think you’re doing some sort of post-traumatic rejection or something - for the time being anyway. It is descriptively correct. The term isn’t reserved to vets :slight_smile:

Me, I have a deathly fear of steak knives, cutters, scalpels and anything sharper than children scissors. Well, not afraid, but my body starts pumping adrenaline and I start acting really unhinged when I have to manipulate one without protection. Comes from a bad accident when I was a kid. I’ll never get rid of it.

You might be right on that one - but I’m not really afraid of flexies :wink:
Mine is currently lying next to me on my desk, I occasionally play around with it and I’m fine with the experiment I made. I’m just not sure if installing something similar again might be a good idea. Let’s say my first one made some terror because I made a bad movement and hurt myself with it - I could mitigate this by better placement, but I think I might be overcautious with the new implant for a pretty long time. Maybe my first one reacted the way it did because of the coating - that issue is solved and shouldn’t appear again, all fine.
But to be completely honest - at least in my head (and probably only there), there still is this “only sanitized”-issue. It is there, and I can’t get rid of it. So I think if I install something non-sterile again, it might react strange just because of psychosomatic stuff…
There are just too many things my brain could happily worry about :wink:

okay…

I guess this is some post-traumatic rejection.

:smile:

A little update - I just ordered a blue xSIID and a xEM. Got no idea when I will be able to get them under my skin (already very, very slightly thinking about a self-/ assisted install - studios here might be closed for a while still), but I realized that I’m missing the feeling of being chipped. Damn you, Amal, and your mindcontrol-knobs! :smile:

5 Likes