New chip nfc for payments

It looks like it’s in the USA, but after giving the app my number and email, it kicked me over to the website to join the waitlist. This whole thing definitely looks promising, but anyone in the US looking to get into this might want to get on Curve’s waitlist before you get too excited. :wink:

1 Like

If you know someone in the UK you can get the curve there and can still use it in NA is my understanding.

Curve works in the UK, have an account for it years ago although don’t use it.

Can you please share the dimensions of the nfc chip itself?

1 Like

When I receive it and get back from vacation I’ll make a post

1 Like

Anybody that hasn’t seen it, I did a write up on my custom payment conversion.
Firstly
I can’t reccomend the service enough.
Secondly
In my write up, there were a few lessons learnt for me (and now hopefully you can learn from those)
Little things, like:

• the process,
  • talking with Amal.
  • Not doing your own chip extraction.
  • Set up bank account and test it prior to sending to amal.
  • Be prepared to send a spare (you shouldn’t have to, and I didn’t, but be aware you MIGHT need to)
  • testing it after receiving it and before installing.
  • Planning the install location
  • Booking Piercer
  • Having Custom needle autoclaved or equivalent beforehand
  • Use Lube :sweat_drops:
    etc.

here’s the link for all the FULL info and videos

2 Likes

Hello

Pls,can I show you an nfc card for a specific reason?

Sure, but why do you ask for it on a public chat?

Well, I also just ordered one! Can’t wait to give it a try!

1 Like

This is exhilarating. It’s time to get excited.

1 Like

ok, ordered one too :see_no_evil:
couldn’t be left behind right :speak_no_evil:

good thing is it arrives allready tomorrow :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with Curve. This means you don’t have to replace the implant to set up a new card every 5 years?

If you were to use one of Curve’s own cards, then that’s what it looks like. But if you get one of the contactless accessories from the first post, then it looks like you can keep using it. They just partner with Curve if they don’t support your card directly.

That is correct, and note that the list of supported banks is extremely short and mostly located in northern Europe.
No American banks are supported and Curve is not yet available in the US …

1 Like

Not really… curve will issue you a regular card like any other card. It will expire. What makes curve interesting is that you can use an app to quickly change the associated card behind the curve card. It also lets you work with banks / accounts that don’t otherwise have an option for conversion or tokenization.

1 Like

And the pay service allows you change the account that get charged after the transaction.

I don’t think it can be used as a “regular” banking account

Correct… it’s a payment aggregator. They collect data on all your purchases and sell that in exchange for their features.

1 Like

I have just received mine and extracted the PCB + chip, here’s the size of it:

Seems like they only accept Mastercard Debit out of the box, without using Curve.

12 Likes

This is an infineon chip package. A slight amount of modification will be needed to encapsulate but it should work. What is the width of the PCB?

4 Likes