New Hacker. Implant in palm? Where to go around me

Hello all!

I’ve been following the movement for a few years but am ready to start saving funds to get an implant kit.
I’m wanting to get an NFC implant so I can use it with my phone and others’s phones and computer login.
My questions for the hive mind are:
I’ve seen a lot of people doing implants in the top of their hand(s) but I’d rather do it into my palm, in the flesh below the pinky hand bone or the thumb hand bone
Also, I live in Nashua NH and was hoping someone might know a shop around me that is reputable to do the insertion

Much thanks all :heart:

HI! The palm is a no go area, all DT implants should not be implanted under a gripping surface.

1 Like

Is there a specific reasoning for that? Risk of breaking the glass? Moving the implant around under the skin?

Very new to all this and very curious

In terms of x series it the heightened risk of damage and the additional discomfort that would be caused. Picking something up and having the capsule pressed into mussel and bone would be very uncomfortable.

If you wanted more range / easier use case maybe a flex would be better.

2 Likes

Ohhh right ok that makes sense then. My thought process is just that bumping the back of your hand to something obviously can be less ergonomic than your palm

You might want to consider the blade of your hand. It’s a well proven area. The blade is the first part of your hand to hit if you’re doing a “karate chop” board breaking maneuver.

1 Like

No need to go to such extremes: bang your fist on a table - which I do on a regular basis, particularly during meetings at work - and that’s the blade of your hand also. I know others have done it, but I personally would never implant something in the blade.

1 Like

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/tests-weve-performed-on-our-x-series-tags/474/2

Not comprehensive but as a start
(there are also links to approaching installers on that page)

1 Like

It might not be what you’re looking for, but the flexnext that was recently shown off is showing promising results for being scanned through the hand, then you could get it put in a good spot, and read it like it was in your palm, and you get the added benefit of a dual frequency chip, might be worth looking at if you’re willing to consider a flex chip

1 Like

It’s so clear here that the hand has nothing to do with the breaking force and it’s all forearm. Trick of the trade I suppose. I wonder how many kids broke their hands trying to put all the force down with that jelly mess of a hammer.

1 Like

My apologies that’s more of the area that I meant when I said “under the pinky hand bone”

Without getting too deep into everything I was trying to understand the benefits of a dual frequency chip (aside from just “you can do more” lol) I want to write a command to it so that when it hits a reader, it sends an IFTTT command to do things like turn on/off my lights, welcome me home, things like that.

1 Like

Some reading for you

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for the info!

1 Like