New here. Help with kbr1 Pls

Hey all! New here, as well as to Implants, and the like. I have the xNT, and i just got the kbr1 and I just need a little guidance in using my implant to unlock my desktop. I have nfc tools pro, as well as trigger. But im not quite sure where to go in either app to enter my password to save to the chip. Now, I THINK in nfc tools pro I should go to >write>add record>text(add a text record)… But im not exactly sure. I’m used to writing nfc tags to preform tasks like wifi on/off etc, but not sure how to make one enter text into a selected field. Sorry for the, ahem noob question lol. But if this is right Pls let me know and if not Pls learn me how to do it!! Thanks yall, and glad to be a part of the community… Finally lol cheers!

1 Like

So to start off, nothing has to be programmed to use your new xNT as a “password” with the KBR1. The KBR1 is a simple keyboard that writes out the UID of the chip scanned. As each UID is unique to it’s self.

If you plug your KBR1 into your PC and open up notepad scan your chip you should see your UID be written across notepad. That would be the password you would use for your login.

P.s.
Welcome @Element47

2 Likes

Aaahhhhh I see. That’s where I was confused. Thank you very much! I was thinking I had to write a password to the chip, but that actually makes more sense now that I think about it. I appreciate it!

1 Like

It’s nice in the fact that it leaves you room to write other information :slight_smile:

That is quite convenient. That was another thing I was wondering about, was if I would be able to have other Info written on there, but this way o can use it and have nothing written on it. Or have tasks written and it stays the same. Thanks a lot. That reader works super quick too, it’s almost kinda fun to use lol… Next I wanna get the kit to use to open my garage door. But I’ll have to get an RFID implant, won’t I?

The Xem Controller actually comes with RFID tags, so you don’t need to get an implant quite yet, if you’re still on the fence about it.

Also to throw my two cents in about the KBR1 for PC login, I set my NeXT UID as the pin, rather than the password, so if I don’t have the KBR1 handy, I can still log in, rather than having to memorize my serial number

Not really on the fence I just wanted to double check that I would indeed need RFID, because nfc won’t work, correct? I’ve been thinking about getting the NExT, anyway but waiting till I have a bit more disposable income. Haha

Yeah, you need an RFID for that. I feel ya on the disposable income though. I’m kinda in the “I want all the implants” stage of things, but money. Also I’ve only got so much hand.

1 Like

:rofl:

But to answer your question, It depends on what Tech you choose to use to unlock/ open / close your garage.
The xAC is a great bit of kit, so a good choice for NExT or xEM, but if you choose to use something different, let us know so we can help you decide on the correct implant to operate it…

1 Like

Haha yeah no doubt… I saw that Amal has an implant in what looks to be either on the pinky side of his hand or between the pinky and ring finger and i was trying to imagine that needle going in either of those place… I definitely don’t think I’d wanna do either of those myself… Then again I’m not sure I’d trust anyone who hasn’t done an implant either haha… And then how for the flexable Implants where do you find someone willing to do that!?.. But in all seriousness I might get 2 more tops, but it’ll be a while before I have either let alone both.

I haven’t actually seen Amal’s implants yet (I’m not on here as often as I’d like, but the one on the outside of the hand (Blade/knife edge) is afaik the second most common implant location.) There’s currently a lack of documentation on that, but @Zktat2s and myself were able to have our piercers let us take pictures/video, and are trying to get something written up for that in the near(ish) future. I don’t have one between my metacarpals, so I can’t really help with that.

We have a partners map here with some shops that we know are willing to do implants, as well as suggested methods of finding a shop near you if there’s none nearby we already have listed.

For Flex implants, you can actually get those in with a needle if you’d prefer, and I think the process is pretty similar to a standard implant. Don’t quote me on that though, check out some of the other posts for verification.

Also make sure to check out Pilgrim’s edit on the above post. He makes a good point regarding RFID classifications.

Edit was a halfhearted attempt to fix/format my wall of text

2 Likes

Wow you guys are fast to reply here… anyway…

1 Like

Thank you sir, I remember watching the video a while back but totally forgot you walked us through it in the video and thought you just showed us you doing it…but yeah you are right the ppl in this forum are awesome, super quick, and super helpful! Thanks amal!

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster ahh gotcha, I think. So nfc is RFID, but RFID isn’t necessarily nfc. Is that the gist?

Correct.
If it uses radio frequency regardless of the actual frequency to receive and/or transmit an ID (data) it is RFID.

With regards to implants, this is off the DT webpage

Chip implants are a type of passive RFID technology that allows a small computer chip with no battery or power source to be powered by and communicate with compatible readers using the magnetic field the reader generates. Because chip implants are small, the reader must be extremely close. This is why chips are typically placed in the hand so you can easily position your chip implant close to the reader.

Under the RFID umbrella there are a wide array of chip types, communication methods, features, and applications. There is no “one chip to rule them all”, but we have carefully chosen which chip implants to manufacture so they have the widest range of compatibility and features.*

Here is Amals video explaining it better than I ever could

1 Like