New proxmark broken

I just received my proxmark but the main female USB input broke upon putting the cable in. Is there a way to resolder it? I have a soldering iron.

1 Like

Where did you get your Proxmark from?
What model is it? Easy? RDV4?

Can you share a photo?
As you are new, you may not be able to… Or maybe just one per day :man_shrugging: I will send you a DM and you can reply to me and I will post the photo for you if you need it

2 Likes

easy i bought it from here

I cant post anything to day because I have roommates who are super light sensitive. But tomorrow I will.

1 Like

Introduced you to the form and welcome to the form again @dfgsfgsdfgfgsd.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. With the female input/USB on the long side of my proxmark3 easy. I have been working with the damn thing for HOURS attempting to get the proxmark to communicate with my windows cpu. Every time a command is sent…for example “hw tune”…I receive a message that states that bytes were sent but the proxmark did not respond so it aborts the command. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not as I am very new to the use of the proxmark3 easy. Any help/guidance would be amazing!! Thank you!

1 Like

Well, there’s you’re problem! The USB port on the long side is for power only, the one on the short side is the one you need to use to connect to a PC.

It’s not labelled clearly on the board, but the one on the side is for using with a power bank to use offline modes, while keeping your main port open to reconnect to your computer.

1 Like

this usually has to do with the client software not matching the firmware version on the proxmark3… if it was actually not connected then you would be in offline mode inside the proxmark3 client. if you bought a PM3 Easy from us then your best bet is to update your rrg/iceman code to the latest version, make it (build it), then flash it to the current version so your client version and firmware version match.

we ship our proxmark3 easy without any client software because the intention is that you update it to the latest rrg/iceman version once you receive it. doing so from stock firmware is a super pain in the ass, but updating from a recent version of rrg/iceman that ships on the proxmark3 is easy peasy… but maybe it’s not clear enough… maybe i should make a video.

4 Likes

I think maybe yes :+1:
It would be great to have a video to send people to

2 Likes

A note about which USB port is which maybe too, that info is surprisingly inconvenient to find. That isn’t the first time I saw someone make that mistake.

1 Like

which version is good?

The Proxmark 3 Easy from Dangerous Things is good. The Proxmark3 RDV4 is basically a professional tool with a few extra features but a much higher price.

Unless you are a professional pentester you should be able to do anything that you need to with the Proxmark3 Easy.

2 Likes

ok thanks no i am not professional but i just want this device to learn and also for side hustle. cos lots of people here are paying 40 to 60$. :sweat_smile:

Dangerous Things sell the Proxmark3 Easy for $79. Hacker Warehouse sell the Proxmark3 RDV4 Kit for $320, and a further $270 worth of add ons.

See the price difference?

I would go for the Proxmark3 Easy from Dangerous Things as you know exactly what you are getting and their customer service is incredible.

1 Like

i would go with Easy vr. then. and thank you so much for your help

1 Like