New to all of this

Hi everyone,

I hope it’s okay that I created this topic. I’ve been looking into getting a microchip implant for a while and I’ve been reading this forum for a long time (I only made the account so I could post this, prior to making it I would be a guest).

Long story short, I’m a complete novice but I have a lot of patience and I’m ready to learn. Anyway, being the young idiot that I am, I decided to jump straight in and order the Ultron Implant Bundle. It arrives on Wednesday and I’m having the dreaded procedures done on Friday.

My main aims are to allow me to share my contact details with someone by scanning the chip to their phone and also to upgrade my house with as much tech as possible (including RFID locks on cupboards, doors and the garage). However I’m struggling to find the idiot guide on setting up the implants to do these kinds of things, for example, will I need more than the Spark 2 and the NExT if I’m wanting to use multiple locks and things.

Ideally, I’m hoping someone could sum up the set up in a simple way for me, and for anyone else who is struggling to do so. Again, my apologies if I’ve put this in the wrong place or if I shouldn’t of asked this because it’s already been said (I’ve scoured the forum for the doofus guide but am yet to find it) so feel free to delete this if it’s not okay.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you all and getting to know you all!
-Matthew

3 Likes

Hi Matthew,

First, welcome!

The super short answer to your questions would be that it depends primarily on the locks and hardware you buy. In general, the process is to buy a device (let’s say a door lock) which is compatible with your implant, then add the implant as a registered card/fob on the lock. In that case, as long as you buy compatible hardware, nothing on your implant is changed so you could replace both your front door, back door, and garage with locks which are controlled by the same implant.

Check out the compatibility Matrix for help finding devices that work with the implant you got.

1 Like

Welcome to the Form.

Thank you for the reply.

That helps a lot! As I mentioned I’m planning on adding tech throughout the house so a list like that is great. When it comes to certain devices that are already installed which require a key fob, is it only possible to copy one fob to the implant at a time? For example, if I can’t have the UID entered into a system for work, the gym and university, but I could copy the fobs, would I need more implants as to allow for one fob per implant? It’s something I’ve seen multiple comments about but never really been clear on it

Thanks again for the reply.
-Matthew

1 Like

Thank you, I’m happy to be here as a registered user and not just a ghostly guest!

1 Like

Yup, that sounds right. If you can clone an existing fob into an implant, then that changes the ID of the implant. So in your example, you would need an implant for each of those three, but then you could program your home door lock to open for your gym ID or whatever. If you have access to the admin side and can enroll a device, then you can reuse an existing implant for it (assuming compatibility)

1 Like

Okay that’s good to have a nice and clear answer. Thank you! I guess I’m just going to have to be full of implants then.

I’m currently working on rewiring the security system in my house so that it all relays back to one system rather than the old system and the new (and future) systems being separate so all the readers will allow access for the NExT. However I have some gimmicky RFID locks on drawers and cupboards throughout the house that operate on batteries so I’m assuming I’m not able to use those with an implant because there is no “admin system” just a card to copy. Would I be correct to assume that? They are just cheap and tacky gimmicks off wish and eBay

1 Like

There is a chance they could be used one of two ways. 1) use a proxmark to scan a working card on those and clone it 2) for the cheapo one I got, there was a way to add a new card by scanning an admin fob that came with it, then scan the one to be added, then the admin one again. You might be able to find instructions on adding a card to yours?

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot about the proxmarks so I might invest and have a play with it. And yeah I’ve got one that I know will work but I think the others are close ended so I don’t think I can enter the UID or copy the microchip into the system because it’s (cheap and tacky) too simple!

I’m new to all of it but in the space of three weeks I’ve organised to have two microchips implanted in my hands, fitted 16 RFID locks and done a bunch of other crazy things so I’m clearly down to try anything :joy:. Thank you very much for your guidance, all the tips and tricks are much appreciated

3 Likes

I only have a NExT so my options are a bit more limited. Keep in mind that some of the implants can’t be reprogrammed. For example, my work badge can not be cloned to an implant because the type of implant that it is compatible with can’t be reprogrammed. I’m not an expert in which can and can’t. I’d recommend before buying the implants for the work/gym/uni badges, pick up a proxmark. A PM3 Easy is cheap, the one I have seen recommended here a few times is one sold by “piswords” on aliexpress for around $30USD. I paid double that to get mine overnight from Amazon because I’m impatient, but there’s no reason to rush it. Then you can scan the ones you want to clone and post the info here and folks with more technical knowledge can help you sort out which, if any, implants you need to get for those uses.

1 Like

Oh okay, that makes sense, someone could make a fortune if they were to write an idiot guide to all of this :joy: thanks again

1 Like

But then we wouldn’t have this wonderful community! :wink:

There is definitely a learning curve. I’m on the uphill side of it myself, but the folks here are great and happy to help. I’m just paying it forward and fielding the easier questions :stuck_out_tongue: Once you start asking which cards can be cloned, I’ll have to pass you up the chain :stuck_out_tongue:

If you aren’t in a rush, maybe keep an eye on the DT store. Amal is selling upgraded proxmarks that are made in batches. It would save you some time and frustration to buy one he has upgraded, but there are instructions online to do the upgrade yourself if you are so inclined. It’s (in a very simplified description) a matter of plugging it into your computer and running a few programs to update the firmware while turning widdershins under a waning gibbous moon on the second friday after the third passing of the comet through the eye of Orion. Nah, honestly, the instructions aren’t difficult, but they are precise and there isn’t really any form of feedback to know if you are doing it right until it is done so that can get frustrating if you missed a step or are having a problem. You’ll think you are done and try to use it and it won’t work but you’ll have no idea what went wrong… so it can either be a fun challenge or a frustrating mess… depends on your personality. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

True!

You had me up until “programs” :joy: I guess I could give it a go and then go running back to Amal’s upgraded ones when I fail miserably :joy:

I’m going to need something that will write to the chips because I’m using iOS and from what I’ve seen it’s a bit of a nightmare :joy: and somewhat impossible when it comes to the Spark 2

1 Like

That is getting outside where I’m comfortable giving suggestions/advice, but yes… if you are planning to write to your implants then you’ll want either the PM3 Easy or the newer (and far more expensive) PM4. The PM3 will work without the software/firmware upgrades, but they are apparently a drastic improvement. I used a stock PM3 Easy on a linux computer to clone my front door access to my NExT, so it’s not completely useless “out of the box”.

1 Like

Honestly you’ve helped a lot so don’t feel the need to answer all my questions if you don’t want to!

This might sound really dumb, but what’s different about the blue cloner to the PM3?

1 Like

My understanding is that the blue cloner can dupe an existing chip but not really anything else, the PM3 will help you research an existing fob/card/chip so you know which implant to get to work with it. I could be wrong on that one.

2 Likes

That would make sense, price wise if not anything else :joy: guess I’m going to be ordering a PM3 then!

1 Like

Also new here and shopping implants, although I’m fairly sure I want an XSIID - do you know offhand which are not reprogrammable?

1 Like

Sorry friend, you’ll have to wait for someone smarter than me. I don’t want to give the wrong info.

1 Like

No worries, I appreciate the honesty! If someone else does know, though, I’d be very curious.

1 Like