New to all of this

A compromise would be to pick up some cheap blank cards and practice on them. I ran through cloning my key fob onto a T5577 card twice before doing it only implant. Then, just to be EXTRA paranoid, I ran the commands from my history when it came time to do the implant instead of typing or copy/pasting them since I had proof that they worked exactly as entered previously. Then hey… you have a spare key card too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s a good plan, I’ll do that even though I’m desperate to get it installed and get it working. They were supposed to arrive on Wednesday but they came on Monday so that’s just making me even more excited

1 Like

Maybe the book “RFID Toys” by Amal Graafstra

I’d suggest exactly the same, just that instead of leaving the commands on the history, I tend to write then in a bash/python script, and run the script from the shell instead.

This is helpful to automate things, to have a quicker way of finding them and, if you’re like me and keep a dozen shells open at the same time, you wont get commands buried in the history because of the order in which you closed them all. :rofl:

2 Likes

Just thought I’d return to my original post and update everyone. I decided I couldn’t wait any longer and I’m installed the implants myself :joy: I have a skin condition which means I don’t feel pain on the outer few layers of skin, so as you can imagine it was a dream to install them and it took me no time at all to get them working. I managed to set up and use the KBR1 to login to my computer and use linktree to write a url with all my contact details to the NExT. I’m yet to setup the Spark 2 as I’m a loud and proud iPhone owner :joy: as for the university and work, I was able to add my UID to the work and university system and the gym is closed due to lockdown (UK) so I’m yet to try that. Thanks for everyone’s help, and I hope to see you all throughout other topics :grinning:

4 Likes

How’d you get your UID added to your work and uni systems? Makes it sound so simple, yet I imagine the social engineering required would not be insignificant!

If the head of security is a techy, it tends to be quite simple. Or if you have friends that don’t mind getting your hand on the “add new card” scanner.

I asked realllly nicely. Then got told no. So I bribed the university security :joy: and then I just added myself to the work system (a big corporate company) and they haven’t noticed as of yet :grimacing:

5 Likes