New VAT tax law for EU shipments

There is also https://digiwell.com/ from Germany.

2 Likes

Does the EU VAT apply on shipments coming from the US after July 1st but purchased before July 1st?

The arrival date in the EU is the important oneā€¦

!!!NOTE: The VAT and possible other postal/carrier charges will also have to be paid for goods ordered before 1 July but imported/delivered on or after this date. We recommend EU consumers to take this into account when ordering goods from outside the EU and seek more information from the postal operators regarding these additional charges!!!

From this EU page

Okay thanks.

Well this confirms that Iā€™m a fucking idiot: this is my biggest DT spending in quite some time, and of course being an idiot, I managed to place the orders straddling the July 1 date.

Oh well, itā€™s only moneyā€¦

Did you use the Coupon code that they provided?

Well no, it only came into effect today afaik :slight_smile:

Maybe @mdanger or @amal will give you a break and apply it or give you a credit note or something.

No need. I donā€™t really care no more. Itā€™s just that I donā€™t like to get shafted by customs: they are one particular kind of parasites that really, really gets on my nerves.

4 Likes

So one year later,

anyone tried buying it in the US and then sending it to the EU as a gift to avoid those new EU law? :thinking:

Hello fellow Belgian. You can buy most of DT stuff from Digiwell.

If they donā€™t have what you want, just shoot them a message!

Oh there is a belgian club :slight_smile:

Well i doubt they will have apex flex + apex ring in stock :smiley:

I wouldnā€™t call this ā€œa clubā€, just a few lost souls! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes