Newb looking for product suggestions

Hey so I’ve pretty much come to the point in my life that I am 100% done with passwords. I came to finding this community after my partner leaked a highly sensitive Google Drive, and separately issues regarding lost/stolen phones during international travel.

I’m looking for a product(s) for 3 uses.

1. Unlocking Linux PC.

2. Unlocking password manager for PC and Android(Pixel 7 Pro).

3. Cloning RFID tags for apartments and so on.

I’m completely inexperienced in any NFC/RFID and cryptography homebrew. I’ve never used them because this phone is the first reader I’ve ever had, and I’ve never had any use cases before. Besides that, jewelry/wristbands/necklaces are not allowed in my profession so traditional devices have never been an option. That said I have no problems with buying a reader for my PC and configuring any software.

My only requirements are no mandatory proprietary software, and implant encryption for the login/password manager. I’ve only ever used Firefox and Google PWM’s but I’m inclined towards Bitwarden for this project.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

edit: Oh and before anyone asks, the partner is not part of this project. I’m not going to be subjecting her to any surgeries. She may be getting a ring or something in the future is this works though.

1 Like

For 1 and 2 you’ll want to check out dngr.us/apex-flex and search this forum for examples of how to accomplish those goals. For 3 you’ll need something with a T5577 chip like a NExT or xEM… possibly multiple… or maybe an xMagic if you need HF and LF.

4 Likes