Newbie - New tech for my (not so hot) bod!

Don’t want a NExT for pen testing. It can cause problems with multiclass readers, which are still very plentiful in the wild. Even if it does work with a properly implemented multiclass system, it leaves a huge telltale fingerprint in the logs showing both an HF and LF scanned simultaneously. And with the UID unchangeable in the NExT for the HF portion, pretty much leaves a big arrow pointing to you.

2 Likes

My car won’t start if the FOB isn’t around and will beep at me incessantly if the FOB leaves the area while running, makes me think it will shut off as soon as I start driving.

Done and done! Now just a waiting game. Might try and see if I can have a custom chip done using my existing card to support it.

Not really something I’m working on. Definitely interested in it, but not to the point where walking around testing readers with my hand would yield any results.

I expect that behavior. That’s not an issue. It’s more about what your ideal process would be.

Like you don’t have your key fob, but you have your implant. There is a reader in the car that can read your implant from outside the car.

What actions do you want to do to get in?
(assume the car starts without issue after a scan of your implant)
What actions do you want to take when you leave the car?

I was hoping something really simple would suffice where you just scan your tag once to get in, and start, and then leaving I just have to press the button on the outside door handle. But you run into an issue where the fob needs to detected in the car for it to start. But if it’s in the car, it (typically) won’t lock from outside the car. Kind of a catch 22 unless you make it so you have to scan again to lock.

Still thinking.

My car features a push button start, as well as touch sensors on the outside of the exterior door handle/on the inside of the exterior handle. If I have the FOB with me, I can put my hand around the handle and unlock the doors via touch only (no buttons). I can also touch the outside of the handle and it will lock the doors.

Idealy I would like to be able to leave the FOB at home and use the implant to trigger all those actions. I believe there are field emitters/reader all around and inside the car to recognize if the FOB is around.

Yup, I understand all that. I’m asking for the details of how you would want the interaction between your implant and your car to go when you don’t have a fob.

For instance you walk up to the car. You scan your tag on a reader mounted inside the car.
Does that unlock the car? Or does that just let you push the unlock button on the door handle?
Once you are in how long should you have to start the car before you have to get out and rescan your implant?
When you turn the car off and get out, what do you want to happen? Do you have to scan again? Does it lock automatically after a certain amount of time?

Personally, I want to scan once, if it unlocks right away, thats fine, but I was ok pressing the button on the handle as I open.
Once in side you have say 15 seconds to press the start button.
When you get out I was hoping to be able to use the handle button to lock but as stated before, this is not possible. So I’m thinking scan to lock as I don’t like autolock. But I’m just now realizing the reason I don’t like it is because if I’m in the garage and want to get in, I want to be able to freely do so without having to go inside to find the key… ehh, but if I have this system, then I don’t need the key and the issue is moot. dur.

If possible, I would want it to work exactly like the FOB.

I don’t know if that’s possible. If not then maybe having the implant do exactly like you said. Scan a reader mounted inside the door to unlock or allow unlock and then 30 seconds or so to start the car. Maybe scan again on the reader to lock?

We all would! Unfortunately that won’t happen as the fob requires power.

Ok, working on something.

If you want to PM me, I would be more than happy to give you make and model of my car if that would help you out.

The general idea is that you use one of your fobs and tap into it soldering wires to the power and the lock/unlock buttons, and put it in the vehicle along with the access controller of your choice and the controller I’m working on. The access controller tells the other controller that there was a valid scan. The other controller then controls when to power the fob and simulate button presses. It’s not plug-n-play for any specific car, but rather universal as all fobs have batteries and buttons. But will take some tinkering to get it all connected.

One thing I would like to know, I’m guessing your car will not let you lock the fob in the car using the button on the handle. But can you hit the lock button on the fob from inside the car?

Oh yeah that makes sense, I didn’t think of that

Usually the bypass only needs to be active for starting, its not part of the bypass module that keeps it running. Generally the cut off if a safety feature of the remote start module to prevent someone from driving off by smashing a window.

Workarounds are put in a separate ‘push button start’ kit from amazon/eBay - they run about $30 and don’t have this ‘feature’, or alternatively, just put a physical switch for you car’s ‘on’ key position on your dash.

If you did this, it’d be remote start (triggers the bypass module), flick switch (holds ignition on), put in gear (car stays running, enabled by switch), when you’re done driving, turn off switch (car turns off since both remote start and switch are off)

And that way you get the safety of not being able to start with the switch (doesn’t trigger the bypass, doesn’t connect to start wires)

I tested it today and yes, I can hit the lock on the FOB from inside the car and have it lock the doors.

From my understanding of how it works, the fob would have to stay powered the whole time the car is running to keep the car running.

correct

4 Likes

Nice to see it working :wink:

Nice work Turbo, that is cool !
Is that a Turbo2ltr Camaro? Very throaty sounding!

Are we going to see this in the project section when you are finished?

Already added. Using implant with factory keyless open and start

Haha, no it’s the 6.2L V8 SS 1LE. The Turbo2ltr is from back in the 90s when I have an Eclipse GSX.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Great job. Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these.

1. Possible and a fun project but a bit complicated.

2. very easy.

3. I dont think it would work