NExT issues and slight panic

So I got my NExT implanted recently, granted it ended up a little deeper than I’d like, but I immediately felt a sinking feeling when I scanned it with my phone and it didn’t read anything. I then tried with the pm3 and I still get nothing. I am worried I might have a bad chip. I went and got an X-Ray to verify that it is in fact there and it is, but not reading or receiving anything. However, on the way out of the doctors office I noticed a scanner, different from the scanners I have seen elsewhere. I set my hand next to it and it beeped and turned green. It didn’t open the door, but it did recognize something was there. It is a bit of hope, but apart from that I am worried I have a defective chip or something might be wrong. Any advice?

[Edit] Additional Info: I am really not too panicked. I have had the chip about a week. I believe the reader that worked was a Prodatakey brand scanner. I tried scanning my hand with my Iphone SE as well as with an Iphone 11 both running NFC tools. When it comes to the PM3, I ran auto, lf search, hf search, and all manner or reading commands. occasionally on lf search, I get a reading but it says it is an Indala chip and the id # varies each time. I imagine this is a false positive. The injection process was no where near as bad as I expected, so I am willing to try again, but I just want to see if this will work first.

Some advice:

First calm down :slight_smile:

How long ago did you get implanted?

Do you have a picture of the reader that responded?

What phone did you try and what did you do with the pm3?

Position position position. People seem to think that implants work exactly like cards in theory yes they both do the same thing but the antenna is MUCH smaller in an implant so you really have to learn where to place the implant to get good reads.

1 Like

And good advice it was

I am really not too panicked. I have had the chip about a week. I believe the reader was a Prodatakey brand scanner. I tried scanning my hand with my Iphone SE as well as with an Iphone 11 both running NFC tools. When it comes to the PM3, I ran auto, lf search, hf search, and all manner or reading commands. occasionally on lf search, I get a reading but it says it is an Indala chip and the id # varies each time. I imagine this is a false positive. The injection process was no where near as bad as I expected, so I am willing to try again, but I just want to see if this will work first.

1 Like

The indala reading is usually a false positive.

Wait at least another week for the swelling to go down. Your hand has just had a traumatic injury, it will recover.

Have you reviewed the videos on the proxmark3 and taken notice of how to present x-series to the LF and HF antennas? How about using the msleep command before your search commands?

To find the best spot for the implant run:
" lf tune --mix " and
" hf tune --mix " (mix for the pretty factor).
and stop and remember that position when the voltage it’s lowest.

Alternatively you can have the desired command in history and just press the up button on the keyboard and run it with your other hand.

1 Like

I have noted the orientation and placement. However, when I feel my hand I can’t even feel the chip below the surface. I think that is the cause of my problems, but I have not tried the msleep command. So I’ll look into that.

Hmm, have you been able to maybe find a bright light source to shine through your hand to locate it?

I have not, but I got an X-ray and can verify that it is there.

2 Likes

ah even better… ok… yes it appears if the chip is there but you can’t feel it when poking around with your finger, then it is very likely too deep. Is it causing you any pain or limited range of motion?

No not at all. I don’t think it is in any muscle or anything important.
If I got another NExT in the same hand, would it cause some problems? Or should I put it in the other hand?

Hahaha, don’t know why, but this made me laugh…

Since you are getting some reading out of it, although limited, it would likely cause you issues being too close.

Yes you could AND /OR
Your other option is, remove you current one, test it out of your body, if it works clean and re-implant not so deep (use a professional) If it doesn’t work, hit the help button on the webpage
:help:
and send it back to Amal for inspection and replacement.

2 Likes