NExT Low-Frequency HID help

A bit over a week ago I implanted myself with a white ultimate implant bundle. A vivokey spark 2 in my right hand between the 1st and 2nd metacarpals, a NExT in between the 1st and 2nd metacarpals of my left hand, and a HF White Xled between the 3rd and 4th metacarpals of my left hand. The vivokey works great, the x-led has no problems, and the high frequency side if the NExT works without issues. However, I am trying to copy my work access card (HID prox card) to my implant on the Low frequency side but can’t seem to do so. I got a “blue cloner” from amazon, which I’m guessing is my first issue. The cloner says it is HID compatible, and it reads my work card fine, and writes to the key-fobs that came with it just fine. But even when following the video instructions on YouTube for using one, I can’t get the blue cloner to write to my NExT. I really only want this one card on my NExT for the foreseeable future, so I don’t want to spend $320 on a Proxmark Rdv4. But I wanted to poke everyone’s brains and see what you all think.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things.

The Blue cloner is very tricky to use on an xSeries.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. The write may have worked, but just not beeped, have you tested it?
  2. Try modding the Blue cloner, . I did mine out the side (I really should dig it out and take a photo ) rather than out the end like is shown in Roscos write up.
  3. Rather than $320 on the RDV4, You could buy an Easy for $30 -$60

I hope that helps

1 Like

Oh AND

1 Like

Does your cloner beep 3 times or just 2?

1 Like

I tried exposing the coil with no luck. But the proxmark easy may be the way to go.

1 Like

It beeps 3 times. When copying the card and three times after a successful write. No beep when trying to write to my NExT

I had a similar issue with a friends NExT and my cloner.
No beeps after several tries.
But luckily, the ID was copied successfully.

1 Like

So it successfully wrote to the NExT without beeping? I’ll have to try it next time I’m in the office.

1 Like

Exactly.

Let us know how it goes

I had the same issue with the NExT, the blue cloner wasn’t able to detect the implant. I took the blue cloner apart and placed the antenna directly on top of my implant and it worked just fine. I assume the blue cloner is just crappy.
The reader at my work are not able to detect my NExT implant in any position and I have no clue why. I gave up on that idea for now and get back to it at a later time.

That’s the funny thing, my work reader reads my NExT just fine. The cloner just doesn’t even with taking the antenna out. I’ll have to see if it wrote and just didnt beep like these guys are saying when I go in tomorrow.

No dice. Blue cloner was trash. I ordered a Proxmark 3 easy from Dangerousthings so I have the best chance of this working.

1 Like

I ordered it too, hope I didn’t brick the T5577 already

You and me both, brother. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been piercing and tattooing myself since I was in middle school, so if i have to, I’ll cut it out and replace it, but that a pain. More on my wallet and psyche than my hand, but a pain nonetheless. Luckily, though, if I’m not mistaken, with the proxmark you can sort of fix a “bricked” T5577. Not 100% sure about details (Amal, or Pilgrimsmaster, feel free to chime in) but I think you have to REALLY F-up to permanently damage these implants to the point that they need to be removed.

2 Likes

Correct, it seems hard to properly brick a T5577:

It does depend on exactly how it’s bricked, but usually a good couple with a PM3 and some commands can fix it.

Here’s a very detailed post on it:

2 Likes

UPDATE: I received my proxmark 3, and properly cloned my HID access card from work to my NExT chip. My issue now if that the “Datawatch” card reader at my office doesnt recognize my NeXT at all despite using the LF LED to get me in the right place. When I use “lf search” in my proxmark on the card and on the NExT, they give the EXACT same info. This leads me to believe the card reader at my office simply wasnt meant to work with the small cylindrical coil of the T5577 chip. But I’d love to hear other people’s opinions.

That sounds about right. Do you have a diagnostic card? You could try putting that up to the reader and then pressing your hand with the NExT against it.