(*****) NFC antenna amplifier/Resonance Circuit project v2.1s, v2.1L and v3.0 sticker

kudos to @Hamspiced

INTRODUCTION

Alright, here me out, I am not a sales or a reviewer, but let me ask you this.
How much it sucks to have a new phone with a case that’s barely able to read your implants. Well it sucks donkey balls.

I promised @Hamspiced a review and I am about to keep my word, unfortunately with a small delay, caused from some unforeseen circumstances.

So let me recap how I got interested in his project. As mentioned above, I’ve got a new phone, and with the case I am using the reading range of my implants was horrible. x series were readable when I press my phone to the skin, apex flex was not readable at all. As you can imagine I was not exactly happy. I was keeping an eye on Hamspiced topic for some time, but I was wondering how exactly this will mature in a real product. By this time antenna was a copper coil soldered to the pcb. Fast forward, a month and something ago I’ve contacted him, we had a talk, and after some time I ended up with a package in my mailbox full of goodies.
To my great surprise the design evolved even more, so now he actually made a stickers. I do not know how much time he invested into refining this project but the end result is just mind melting.
First of all I was eager I sticked one sticker to my phone and the results did not disappoint. I was able to read my x series from around 1-2 cm away and my apex from around 1cm to 1.5cm away.
After some time I’ve decided to experiment more and stick one sticker to the back of my flipper. Here I found something a lil bit strange. As expected implants were easily readable, but I’ve noticed a very minor decay in coupling with cards. I mean you have to be picky where you put the flipper on the card.
Last but not least the ultimate big boys v2.1L. Man, if we compared the 2.1 and 3.0 stickers to a 9mm, the 2.1L are 50 cal BMG. Range on those stuff is easily 5-6 cm from the reader. Initially I was placing the repeater on the reader but then I realised there should be some space between both so they operate correctly. Place your nfc reader under your desk and repeater on top. Sure, no problem, reading just fine.

TESTING INCLIDING READ RANGES

phone - s24 ultra + UAG monarch pro kevlar case
no repeater - x series read 90% of the time on contact / apex unreadable
repeater - x series reads from 1-2cm / apex 1-1.5cm

KBR1
no repeater - x series reads from around 0.5 - 1cm / apex contact to 0.5cm
repeater 2.1 and sticker 3.0 - x series reads from 1-2cm / apex 1-1.5cm
repeater 2.1L - reads everything either trough 5+ cm air, or via my desk made of some wooden material

F0 with silicone case
no repeater - x series, on contact / apex from time to time ~50% success
repeater sticker 3.0 - up to 0.5 cm max for x series, solid reads from the apex

proxmark rdv4 - tbd ( but I expect pretty much the same results as above)

TEARDOWN

I am not a big fan of destroying good items, but I’ve decided to give it a shot.
Successfully unglued the sticker from my flipper back, just to see how it will go. Adhesive is good. Strong enough to keep things in place, but not too sticky. It does not leave marks on surfaces. Unfortunately the sticker can deform a lil bit in the process, but it still works.

PROs

• increased range all day baby!

CONs

• nada, you should look elsewhere for cons

“HACKS”

PRICE
USD$ 5-15 bucks depends what do you need

SUMMARY:

In summary, amazing products effectively increasing 13.56MHz HF read range

LINKS AND RESOURCES

POLL

Rating by the community :robot:

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE ONE OR HAVE USED ONE

:star: = :poop:

:star::star: = :pleading_face:

:star::star::star: = :neutral_face:

:star::star::star::star: = :grin:

:star::star::star::star::star: = :trophy:

PRIDUCT NAME 1-5 :star:
0 voters
3 Likes

These are great stats and numbers.

I agree the V2.1L is a workhorse. The V3L is just as nice and twice as sexy :slight_smile:

Thankyou for this i love seeing these range numbers.

Placement for your flipper though is a tad different than i found works best. I have it on the back upper left.

2 Likes

ACR1252U reading Apex Flex in P2, without and with the V2.1L

(crappy screenshots from recording, but that’s where it beeps at)

1 Like

I am waiting mine to arrive this week and then I will add it to the review. My old reader was landed to a “friend” who “lost it”…

1 Like

Such a flex (pun intended)

2 Likes

That’s interesting because on mine, I cannot detect anything there(tried with the circular detector you’ve sent me as well with the dt clear plastic keychain detector). My flipper hw rev is 12.F7B9C6 R04

1 Like