NFC antenna amplifier/Resonance Circuit project

I don’t think I’ve seen… has anyone used one of these on an iPhone?

I think usually iPhones read a bit better since you can target with the top of your phone better… but the geometry might make adding a extra coil harder

There has been a few. I had a couple reviews that said it did wonders on their Iphone but no idea what model. On the forums here someone had success putting it to the upper right of the phone next to the camera on the case.

Since the edge of the phone seems to give the best results, a case with the sticker curved over that area in my eyes would work best. If you figure it out please update the Repeater Placement Wiki.

I can confirm a mifare antenna (17pF) does indeed work with a 15pF smd capacitor. Managed to increase range to a good 1cm from the case. Depth from the original antenna to the outer of the case is about 5mm.

On the otherside of the antenna is a dt resonant sticker. However this is directly on the antenna board ratger than the case due to the such a small default read range. Without the repeater, only cards are readable. Fobs and implants are difficult.

2 Likes

Great work man!
As soon as I can lift my ass to do some more decent pictures I will prepare full review article.
For now I can say these v3 are the BEST I’ve tested. Reading xseries from 1cm away, flex from half cm. Case is UAG Monarch pro, 2.5mm thick, made out of rubber, plastic and kevlar. Before installing the sticker, x series coupling success rate was90%, flex implant 5%.
Here are some pictures how it ended up.

p.s. Phone is Samsung s24 ultra. Nice phone with questionable nfc hardware implementation.

5 Likes

Nice. Im going to try with the 23pF antennas too but i just happened to have more spare mifare fobs than xslix.

Agreed ( I have the S24 ), My previous phone was an S21 and the NFC antenna was “not bad”, then I got a Hammy 2.1, and yep, it was A MUTHA FUCKEN GAME CHANGER, such easy reads, The NFC antenna was probably 1/3 the size of the back of the phone near the bottom, and the 2.1 did a perfect overlap, however, My S24 NFC antenna is in the same location as yours, top corner alongside the camera lenses, and about 1/2 the size of the S21.
The Hammy V2.1 wont fit there without covering the lenses BUT I still had a spare V2.1s ( smaller of the V2.1 ) it still works great, and made what was a good phone upgrade with a shitty and disapointing NFC performance, into a great upgrade all around.
THIS is why, I nicknamed these as MFGC

A Hammy sticker will replace it SOON™, but for the time being, no complaints, and I fucken love these things.

FYI I just noticed Hammy has a bundle pack too

Great for options when you can go bigger or have to go smaller

3 Likes

Do we have a “That’s what she said” emoji?

4 Likes

Big or small we do it all

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

I got a kit from Hamspiced which included repeater stickers, a detector, and a giant repeater. The giant repeater makes reads on my Pixel 7 pretty easy but i went with the small sticker which makes my nfc hit rate close to 80%-90% like once in a while I’ll have to try a second time to read my Apex Flex but usually I get it on the first try. Previously I’d estimate I was reading on the first try maybe 50-60% of the time. I’m still figuring out optimal sticker placement for this phone tho, but so far I am noticing a significant difference !

6 Likes

When you figure out optimal placement dont forget to post with a picture so we can add it to the wiki!

4 Likes

So the Large 2.1 repeater is now Complete.

I took the information i learned from the flex repeater using capacitive plates and added it to the 2.1L. This is now the final release of the new V3L repeater (Version 3 Large).

The new V3L went from a 2 Layer FR4 board on the 2.1L to a 4 Layer board to have 2 dedicated layers for the capacitive plates.

Thickness went from .0220in (.56mm) of the 2.1L to .0290in (.74mm) on the new V3L

The rest of the Dimensions stay the exact same.

So How does it stack up against the V2.1L?

V2.1L

V3L

I have a lot of struggles with these repeaters and the capacitors that i get them assembled with. The capacitors have a tolerance of +/-10% usually and it throws off the tuning so i often have to test each unit. I dont “need” to be exact but within the range 13.56mhz but i make it a point to try to get tuning as dead on as possible. I cant do that with the capacitors when they have variances. With the capacitive plates i have much more control of the capacetence that is delivered and i get much more consistent results with the runs i have done.

These are now available. They will be replacing the V2.1’s as i am thrilled with their performance.

Also these will be available on Amazon shortly for a significant price hike (have to account for amazon fees). The best place for biohackers to get these is through me directly.

Field Detectors

Also since i posted this in the DT Club (Which i reccomend you join if you havent yet), i also have went ahead and turned all of my failed V2.1S repeaters into Field Detector’s/Repeater Placement Locators.

These are great to find the perfect location too place your new RSP or my MFGC repeater stickers or the V2.1S as it can show you the area of the device the field is strongest. mark the edges and drop your sticker right in place.

9 Likes

You had to post this 20 minutes after my paycheck clears the bank, didn’t you?

4 Likes

I would love to test those big boys and compare them to the one you’ve previously sent me. I will pm you in a bit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Right now I am playing with them. Finally I can craw to my desk with help of painkillers. What I can say so far, big repeaters have strange behaviour. Like the small one and the stickers can be sticked directly to the reader and they work, but if I place the big boy on it, it does not. Checking with the detector, it blinks like a hell, but no meaningful read. Placing the reader under my desk(one and somthing cm woodlike matherial) and the repeater on top(between two neoprene desk mats), gets the job done flawlessly.
I am still gathering data before dropping a big ass post about those cool gadgets.

3 Likes

The big repeaters need distance. They work really well but you need to put space between the reader and the repeater.

These show their true colors if you are trying to penetrate (thatswhatshesaid.jpg) a surface.

Place a reader under your desk with the repeater on top. Put your access reader on the otherside of your door and the repeater on the opposite side. I noticed this early on that it does work well but it needs more distance to really perform.

6 Likes

Yeah, they definitely do better with some gap between the reader and the tag.

Reading ApexFlex from like… 1/4" away to over an inch+ away.

(sry about the sideways view, dunno why that happened. Too lazy to fix it right now, need coffee)

Edit: comparison of no amp and with amp. Trying to show reads further away with amp away from the scanner. coffee-less brain no thinky good

2 Likes

Here is how it looks so far. Works really well

3 Likes

Oh man, that’s awesome. I thought you were done with these so this is a welcome surprise. Nicely done as always!

2 Likes

#NailBitingCrew

4 Likes

I thought i was too but i think i mentioned above that i was going to try to adapt the V2.1L. The V2.1s just isnt possible to make passive in my current design. I would have to remake the antenna to lower its capacetence to make it feasable. and TBH i have too much time and money invested in the 2.1s to go any further in researching ways to make it passive. I will however look into maybe tuning it a bit better but it wont really be that much more effective than it is.

As it stands all 3 repeaters i have imho are great in their state now that the passive large is complete. the V3Flex works so well anyone that wants a passive can go with the flex since it competes so closely with the V2.1FR4 in range.

4 Likes