NFC antenna amplifier/Resonance Circuit project

holy hell those are pretty! nice work

1 Like

No noticable difference.

Tested with the VNA, and i got the same results with and without the sticker. Did distance test without the vna. nothing noticable.

The repeaters however seem to average about a 2 inch distance gain in both sizes.

7 Likes

Is there a way to test the current draw from the acr122u just sitting on the desk by itself, and then place the repeater sticker overtop and see if that affects current draw of the reader wlby any significant amount?

I’m trying to confirm that simply placing the repeater overtop the reader antenna will not increase power consumption by any significant amount. This is important to establish for battery powered devices like door locks etc.

1 Like

If I can get this kid to sleep I’ll crack it open and run a meter off the rail.

Otherwise it’ll have to wait until morning

Sorry I misunderstood before.

1 Like

4.911v with or without a sticker. no drop

1 Like

The voltage should be pretty stable regardless of load. Could you test the current consumption specifically? Its possible the sticker would place more of a draw on the reader. Overtime it could decrease battery life for battery powered devices.

Amal just get one of these

1 Like

im likely doing it wrong, but the current varies but i still didnt see much if any of a difference. maybe a milliamp.

Two things to note, i couldnt get it to stay powered through a battery bank. and i am unsure if i have a counterfeit acr122u. it was purchased a couple years ago but i havent had any issues using it.

lmk if there is anything else you need otherwise ill solder it back together.

3 Likes

This looks like no significant current draw!

1 Like

I recently updated my Nothing Phone 1 to Nothing OS v.2.5.2 and my NFC performance actually improved. I don’t know if they fixed stuff before releasing the update to the older Nothing Phone 1, but I can now read my Apex Mega through long sleeved shirts and hoodies with a thick silicone case around the phone.

I feel like they overwrote the Nothing Phone 2 NFC configuration file with one designed for NP1 or maybe like the NP2a. Even after the update to 2.5.3 it’s still dog shit for me.

3 Likes

@Hamspiced thank youuuu ! :grin:

3 Likes

ZINC 's powerscan + the big one is the ultimate combo! I can light up my spectrum at full brightness completely perpendicular!

6 Likes

Smaller one should work too and just as good if not better but you gotta find that sweet spot.

2 Likes

Nice work!
I made two repeaters and work great.
Get double distance on Apex and flexM1.

3 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks again to @Hamspiced ! I have been using the v1 in my phone case since I got it and it DRASTICALLY improved the connivence of my Apex Flex. Before I would have to get it aligned just right which was a pain when I am rushing to get a OTP code. Now, I can just tap my phone to my arm) even through thick shirts) and it reads quickly every time :blush:

5 Likes

Glad to help out.

As a side update to this project.

I have sent off for a prototype batch of a flex design. Although a better more effiicent design may come sooner than my batch. Ill keep this thread active still documenting what i create and come up with though.

Big thanks to the knowledge and willingness to help from @Satur9 seriously i wouldnt have gotten this far if it wasnt for the learned knowledge from him. Im often frustrated and i hyperfocus on certain portions of this but my limitations are mostly due to my unfamiliarity with PCB Design (Although ive only been doing this for 8 months). I hope to have a functional prototype for flex in a few months, maybe weeks in my design. but it may occur sooner than that.

4 Likes

Also a fun note.

If you happen to have one of the repeaters i made, or you made one yourself.

You can easily turn one of these into a field detrector by throwing an LED along the side of the capacitor. Here i taped the two legs of an LED to either side of the capacitor.

In my current setup i have an ACR122u mounted under my desk, a V2 repeater taped to the center of the DT sticker and placed on my deskmat so it can go through my desk and deskmat and let me scan, read, and write cards without having to clutter my already cluttered deskspace.

3 Likes

Very cool,
What capicitor did you use?
Have you used a VNA to test it, or is it all just winging it and it works?

They are similar to some I looked at a while back that leant themselves to a quick mod

Approx 30 x 30

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s a capacitor, but all of you keep saying resistor