NFC coins are a thing now?

I found a NFC coin.

Looks like an interesting way to make sure something is authentic.

2 Likes

:thinking: gold is biosafe right? :rofl:

3 Likes

i seem to remember having the conversation about implants being worth more than gold…

@Backpackingvet interesting indeed, i wounder if they account for the weight of the tag in the bullion if not thats a nice little racket right there, each one is slightly underweight because of the tag but it would still weigh 1oz…

4 Likes

In weight, they are - about 10x more. But then, many other things are: comparing almost anything to gold is ridiculous because the value represents two different things - rarity and speculative value for gold, manufacturing and QC costs for implants.

3 Likes

Hehe yes It was an ironic statement about the cost of gold being absolutely ridiculous as a measure of currency.

2 Likes

I thought it technically is.

I couldn’t find. Why not just use the gold as the tag already? But yeah, it does seem fishy. I think they add them so they can charge a premium. At the end of the day, silver is silver.

I agree. I only buy it cause I know the history of it.

I agree. I only have bought silver because that goes up steady over years. The more electronics that get made will make the price go up eventually. Definitely not get rich quick thing.

2 Likes

It is! The problem is that gold is extremely soft and it basically becomes atomized, floating around inside the body. Hard to recover. Need lots of acid :wink:

Very do able.

tenor (8)

4 Likes

Wrong kind…

giphy (2)

I know what you meant. source (1)

Edit: more fitting gif

1 Like

tenor (1)

Fun fact
There is actually around 0.2mg of gold in everybody, mostly in the blood.
I’ve done the imperial conversion for you non Metric types that’s 7.055 × 10-5 ounce…

74 freedom units.

6 Likes

Haha, I really want to put up a picture I saw the other day, but I don’t want to offend ( Well not behind a keyboard ) I would show you in person.

So for that reason

I wish I could like this twice, just for the sheer funny.

3 Likes

@NiamhAstra “do it”
I really want to, but like I said, not from behind a keyboard…