NFC implant not findable in hand

I recently (1 week ago) implanted the xNT NFC Chip from DS in the webbing of my left hand between the index and thumb. For the past 5-6 days, I was able to scan it fine, but the swelling was too much to have physical confirmation as to where it is located in my hand.

Yesterday, I tried to use it to open one of my doors (NFC enabled) and it wasn’t able to find the implant. I tried using my phone to scan the implant and it also wasn’t able to find it. I’m assuming it moved in my hand, but I’ve spent hours attempting to locate it through pinching/moving the webbing in my hand, to no avail.

Any ideas as to how to locate, then relocate the implant in my hand to a more scannable position?
(An X-Ray isn’t possible right now)

if “recently” isn’t at least 2 or 3 weeks, then this is expected. Swelling can increase in these times, this isn’t uncommon.

5 Likes

Use a strong magnet to try to find it. The xNT and all x-series have a small ferrite core rod in the antenna and magnets will be attracted to it… but only if it’s close enough to the skin. If it’s still pretty deep then a strong strong (really strong) magnet might be necessary.