NFC-powered e-paper display

Not an implant (yet… any idea @amal? :slight_smile:) but kind of cool:

7.5" e-ink display is powered completely by NFC

5 Likes

Nice find

hey, google recommended this article for me too! they must have “nfc” saved as interest for us.

one day, that’ll make the coolest customizable tattoo…

1 Like

yeah I’ve been seeing this article a bunch of places today. the algorithms are after us! hehe

2 Likes

The first thing that came to my mind was a “open” “closed” sign. Sounds like a fun toy.

2 Likes

Maybe not $90 dollars interesting though. At least not for me.

https://www.waveshare.com/7.5inch-NFC-e-Paper-Eval-Kit.htm

1 Like

I mean, I see a micro usb port on the side of the e-paper display… I know I’ve seen some stuff at Infineon engineering offices which actually is a full e-ink display that is completely NFC powered… and yeah, we could play around with some subdermal displays if someone wants to create a thing… we could work to make it ultra-thin and possibly flexible, and then we could talk flexDisplay implants :wink:

6 Likes

Would a reflective display even be visible under the skin? My implants are there, parts of them are jet black, and I sure can’t see them even under a strong light.

Probably not, but there are lighting solutions that might help solve that… still, probably too ambitious for the relatively short window covid-19 is going to force upon us.

2 Likes