Non-implant "versions" of VivoKey Apex and FlexMN that can be tucked into phone case?

The plan at this point involves these two options;

1. produce “account cards” which can be linked to your VivoKey profile and used to access the profile, but cannot be used for auth. The card could only be used (with pin code) to access the profile, after which you could add additional implants (in the case of warranty replacement).

2. we will eventually support web of trust where you can scan into your profile, then “add a friend” by scanning their VivoKey. In this way we can assume, in most cases, barring any shenanigans, that you are in close physical proximity to the friend in question and actually know them or have met in person. Once you have added a friend or friends, you can select one or more friends which can help you reclaim access to your account. Exactly how this will work is still being sorted out, but it will be an option… eventually.

7 Likes

option 2 sounds quite great!

Dependant on enough people joining in, and also on people actually having friends… :sweat_smile:

jokes aside, this sure does sound like a great approach.

1 Like

I was kind of wondering and thinking about this in the back of my mind too for a bit. I personally like option 1 the best as a backup plan in case of a chip failure. There’s really no one else around here with any DT implants that I know of yet. :wink: I’m a firm believer in Murphy’s Law myself, plan for a failure and it probably won’t happen, don’t plan and it will probably happen at the worst time, hehe :wink:

oh, yeah!!

Although around me it seems to be closer to “Plan for a failure, and another one will happen.” :sweat_smile:

VivoKey dev kit is out now! You might want to give it a shot

2 Likes
1 Like