I guess I could chip in with…

• Body Mods
  • Programming / Development
  • Software and Systems Engineering
  • Cyber Security
  • 3D modelling / animating / rendering / etc, from Blender to Catia
  • Design and UX
  • Ethics and Philosophy

I also have a piece of paper saying I’m a great Psychologist for some reason (Think in Europe it translates to Masters Degree)

Oh, and I’m stealing this sentence:

2 Likes

Nice idea!

Located in the UK, just outside of London.
Not really a long list but I suppose the most useful aspect would be being a medical doctor.

2 Likes

You have no Idea how much I looked for a decent medical doctor into transhumanism around London recently.

Then I gave up and poked my hand myself. :yum:

But seriously, that is one of the highest demand skillsets around!

3 Likes

I second that:

also:

You can ask about:

o Photography: projects, optics, printmaking, film, digital… you name it.
o Art
o Cooking

I can ask a lot about:

o Electronics, mechanics, technical processes
o Philosophy / theology
o History

Ha, yeah I guess. I did my two implants myself in my right and left hand, doing the right one was a bit of a fiddle but it came out great!

Neat idea! I’m in Colorado, USA.

I’m currently a licensed massage therapist - I can’t answer any questions about stuff like spa and skin treatments, as I’m a medical nerd who mostly works on clients with structural problems and chronic illness. (Car and ski accidents, joint replacements, oncology patients, EDS and connective tissue disorders, etc etc) I can competently discuss an odd array of things related to the human body, mostly related to pathology and how we break and heal. As an LMT however, I am totally unqualified to diagnose, prescribe, etc - I am NOT a doctor.

I attended college to be an American Sign Language Interpreter, but was never a CDI (licensed) due to a specific, rapid, and radical shift in licensing requirements during my last bit of time in school. I can competently discuss or answer questions about ASL, LSF, and International Sign; but I was not born Deaf or from a Deaf household so am not a valid resource for deaf culture info.

PLANTS (especially food) I worked in a mass production greenhouse environment for about a decade, and growing things is a Special Interest of mine. I never collected firearms so I can’t say I’m a prepper, but I did practice immersive solarpunk living for that time so have a plethora of (shallow) personal experiences regarding everything from gray and black water management for small households, thermophilic composting, food and seed preservation, raising and managing flocks of both foul and waterfoul for eggs and meat, and a bunch of that crunchy hippie stuff. I am currently not living this lifestyle, but can competently discuss many aspects of it.

I’m also conversationally competent in gender studies (as a trans person) and chronic illness (as an immune compromised person) but that stuff gets sticky so I’d rather only answer simple, informational questions than participate in discussion about that stuff.

4 Likes

I like to call myself a hacker, people call it bug bounty hunter, and I’m a dev at day.
So if you want a cheap pentest hmu (mainly focused on web stuff)!

@greydoc, may I please ask you to review a paper I am about to submit to uni?
It’s basically a bunch of scientific jargon.
I hope it makes sense for someone who is competent.
Estimated reading time: about 3 minutes
Word count: less then 100. (handwrite, so it might actually take 3 minutes to check)

p.s.: art school project, so Im not aiming for Nobel-prize this time.

1 Like

Hopefully @greydoc gets a notification, Haven’t seen him in about 3 weeks.
Might it also be worth asking @Cybornidas also see about 3 weeks ago… but to increase your odds of response, Plus @ShaakPsi might give him a nudge

Just a thought :man_shrugging:

Yeah, no worries. Send it over to greydoc@protonmail.com

2 Likes

Message sent! I converted it to .jpg, so you might view the pic on phone.

Glad you got your answer. :grinning:

Why not? Your posts are always a very interesting read :nerd_face: :+1:

Yeah, husband is busy he’s bringing a new medical tool to market. (Special custom scalpel blade designed for biohackers…) prototypes are being tested and now and he got a contract with a German manufacturer. Mass production will start soon as things look right now.

7 Likes

Please pass on my congratulations to @Cybornidas :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for that, but this one is in the cringey category.

List of excuses why it's not a masterpiece

Presenting unfinished work is a sensitive topic, not only in art, but in general.
Pre-pandemic we used to have a peer review in groups of 10-20.
Also I need to re-make the whole photo, as soon as I have access to a printer and light box and another few hours. (Thursday :crossed_fingers:)

Good news is that the concept of the topic passed the test :+1:
Happy days!

2 Likes

Hey, nice! Big congrats to him from my side, too! :slight_smile:
Hope if this gets available, you share a link here :wink:

3 Likes

I told him. :blush: he will be back soon here again.

Of course! Maybe he makes a special thread about it then, to show you in a video how to use it the best way possible. He used it on my fingertip microLED install, and I really liked how smooth this one turned out. (Pictures and video coming soon… It’s very awesome!)

7 Likes