Please, Amal, sir, I want some more

Making ravioli glow is the new technological challenge of our century.

Saw that on the discord. I wonder how heat coming from the implant will feel.

1 Like

Is it weird, that as long as I’m not being burned… I think the concept of feeling it warm beneath my skin sounds appealing?

4 Likes

I’d be more worried about whether or not you would actually feel the heat before it’s dangerous.

1 Like

Not at all. I know it’s probably good that we generally don’t feel our implants much, but I wouldn’t feeling them a little now and then.

In all honesty I think silicone probably would work fine here. There’s no magnet to move around inside of the silicone layer. It’s just going to have the little crevices filled in with silicone and then it’s not really gonna move. So silicone, as much as it shouldn’t be used for biomagnets, probably would do the job just fine here. If you’re really worried an led ravioli could work but I don’t think it’s entirely necessary

Elastomers like silicone are not suitable for long term encapsulation of rigid implants. Unfortunately there’s too much height variation on this for DT’s biopolymer, so the first prototype implants will use augmentation limitless’ hard resin encapsulation. I’m interested to use this as an excuse to see how it holds up.

1 Like

No ravioli?! :scream:

I’m not sure if I have the components left to make another batch but I can let you know the references of what ended up working well. I’m sure you can fine tune it even more with the right tools. The LED capacitance I was using was mostly just an estimate.

Oh my b I was talking about the bullshit I posted. Your surface mount inductor implants are definitely too tall for DT’s biopolymer encapsulation though.

There are other considerations for silicone as well like permeability and saturation which are not easily solved without toxic additives. This is why you never see silicone used for medical implants which contain, well, anything other than silicone… or have components inside which are themselves able to be implanted independent of the silicone.

Alright but what if the entire thing is encased in a resin? Glowy gooball.

Resin also has issues with absorption and, depending on how you encapsulate, mold lines and curing variances, and layering problems.

2 Likes