Please, Amal, sir, I want some more

I’ve already got a red xSIID that I’ve had since September of 2020, which I have been nothing but happy with, but I’m definitely ready for more lights in my body. the xLEDs are currently out of stock in the store, and the only other blinkies available are the xSIIDs on the store. Any chance for differently colored xLEDs or other new tech to be available soon on the DT store? I know the latest DT Club update vid mentioned new products soon, so I’d just like to say I hope that’s what we’ll be hearing about soon! :rotating_light:

6 Likes

Amal what do you think about uhf chip with led?

1 Like

@4nti right now

200w (1)

1 Like

Really really unlikely. UHF uses electric field backscatter instead of induction. This is how it gets the amazing range it’s known for… but also it means very very little available energy. An LED would be very difficult to light without some kind of special power harvesting, sorting, and load triggering.

1 Like

I want these set up as implants!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32796151679.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.2697XtlMXtlMaw&browser_id=247b9b400b464931b470e73aaebbcba1&aff_trace_key=1efc16048e2544ddaa9ee89db3b13f56-1666835362294-02391-7M7IEmQnY&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=pnhgg97elkcawjna1841721fb8d23611d302210d4d&gclid=&pdp_npi=2%40dis!CAD!2.81!2.17!!!0.81!!%402101d91e16668354140357606e0fff!63902697047!sea&curPageLogUid=eP3M1eX9DMKh&algo_pvid=c0bdf9ac-f379-44ab-87a4-a2e82e96e657

3 Likes

Sorry for the necromancy, but I just found this video that’s relevant for UHF LEDs.

Edit: The beep sound is extremely loud compared to the talking, so volume low to save your ears.

2 Likes

Ok, but what about some new xled or something that lights on the lf frequency? I want more lights too, but if I wanted them all on the same frequency, I’d just get more xsiid in different colors. Anything in the works?

A couple years ago I was able to make lf and hf leds in the same form factor as a titan. Sadly the package got lost before getting to amal and that kinda put the nail in the coffin for that project.
Maybe it’s an idea worth re-visiting?

I could see these being the first led finger implants

5 Likes

Those look awesome! absolutely worth a second attempt.

1 Like

The current xLED is available in an LF option, it’s just out of stock right now

1 Like

download

5 Likes

Damn man you can’t just tease us like that. That needs to be looked into more. Although I worry about them getting crushed in the hand.

1 Like

Yeah the coating is the tricky bit here.
I expect that even if Amal had gotten them in the first place it might have been complicated. He has the coating of flexes and glassies perfected: one is sealing a glass tube and the other one is a sandwich of magic polymer sheets. But what do you do with a sphere?

This is why m31s where a struggle and why the titan took years to be made.
You can either deposit material on it , but how do you hold it and how do you get it even? Or you put it in a box.
One is a nightmare and the other one is expensive.

My hope was that Amal’s mystery sandwich was stretchy enough to make raviolis essentially…

2 Likes

Sorry I’m bored and not feeling productive tonight.

4 Likes

I’m disappointed I can’t find a single glowing ravioli in Google photos to 1 up you

2 Likes

Something something ai art generator?

I literally only ever used one once, thought it was cool and now I can’t find one that doesn’t suck and is free

2 Likes

If you’re willing to run it locally, InvokeAi is pretty great and even has a pretty slick web UI. It didn’t want to make the ravioli glow though lol

3 Likes

20230609_211513

5 Likes

Forum members

200 (16)

9 Likes

I’m dying because you aren’t wrong :joy::sweat_smile:

5 Likes