PM3 Easy - Easy Windows 10 Firmware Flashing Guide

Thanks @anon2520759 for posting this as I was getting annoyed with my PM3 and was not going to put anymore effort into making it work for me.

2 Likes

Really hope this helps. I’m so glad I finally got it to flash :skull:

1 Like

you are a life saver hours if searching and unsuccessful attempts i finaly got it flashed was beginning to loose my mind.

2 Likes

Awesome! Really glad this helped :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I notice the link to the precompiles isn’t working so;

32bit version and 64bit version - always look for “other” if you have a Proxmark3 Easy

and a link to all the precompiles

2 Likes

Hi I’m new here and just have a question about the Iceman rrg “other” precompiles here.

I just ordered my first proxmark3 easy, and I read that since this hardware only has 256kb of memory for firmware that it could cause issues flashing the firmware.

Do the precompiled Iceman rrg firmwares listed here flash ok on the 256kb hardware? Or will I need to compile from source manually and omit some features to get the firmware small enough like I’ve read on some other forums?

Only 256kB? You’re probably gonna have a bad time.

Where did you buy the PM3 Easy from?

Anyway, I would recommend you grab the one Amal linked above, It has Iceman preloaded and is a 512kB.

If you get rid of some of the standalone features you MAYBE able to squeeze down the image size

PLATFORM=PM3OTHER

PLATFORM_SIZE=256

This should force an error, and will show you how much you need to strip out.
You will have to give up some functionality!!!
PERSONALLY
I would go for

2 Likes

The other reason to dump the 256k version and go to 512k has to do with the direction iceman is going… check the last few months of code updates… he’s taking a focus on UX… making things easier and make more sense, with more built-in documentation and UX elements like colors and ascii art based outputs. That shit takes up space. It’s only going to get bulkier from here on out.

2 Likes

As far as I know, it’s mostly client side, which does not take up that much more space if any… but there are always improvements (e.g. iso15693, desfire, etc.) that will take up more space on the ARM chip.

From what I understand, there’s a mix of higher level commands which are executed mostly on the ARM core / FPGA and those which are just raw read / write commands with the client software doing the rest.

IIRC it’s one reason that Rosco’s SiRFIDaL uses the PM3 binary with output search instead of interfacing directly with the PM3.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t see that sale for the 512 version before I placed my order. I ordered the 256 version on eBay for $60, but I think now as soon as it arrives I’ll return it and order the one you listed.

2 Likes

Updating the links for precompiles, now found at:

And you’ll want this one:
Latest RRG / Iceman generic build for Proxmark3 devices (non RDV4), for Proxmark3 Easy, RDV1, RDV2, RDV3, etc etc

2 Likes

I am having a terrible ti.e setting up my proxmark e easy
I dont know why they make it fucking inpossible!!!
Ok so i have a phone that links to my device and i dow loaded both rfid tools and walrus, i have had zero luck flashing it
Im using a lg stylo 6
Has anyone used this hardware??? Please help!! Ive been trying for a month now and sunk hu dreds of dollars into cords adaptors and hardware and NOTHING WORKS!!! THE SYLO 6 IS THE CLOSEST IVE GOT

Check out this thread for some hints

The most recent stuff was from @zwack and fault finding may be fresher for him to help you possibly

1 Like

Where did you purchase your Proxmark3 from? Do you know how much memory it has or which firmware is installed on it?

Edit:

Walrus only works with an earlier version of the mainline firmware.

The RRG RFID tools app can be used to flash a Proxmark3 (I don’t know if it can be used to flash a Proxmark3 Easy or just an RDV4)

This feels like something I shouldn’t have trouble finding, but for the life of me, I can’t find any folder called win32/win64. Can someone tell me where to find this?

Thanks,

It is in the downloaded folder that @anon2520759 mentioned in the first post up there… But given that the binaries are missing there was a later post PM3 Easy - Easy Windows 10 Firmware Flashing Guide - #6 by ithritin which mentions that the binaries had gone missing…

1 Like

This guide might be outdated by now, I haven’t used my proxmark in a while!
And the new home for precompiles is here;

https://www.proxmarkbuilds.org/

Link kinda got lost amongst the comments there.

3 Likes

I used it for the first part of the process last night and managed to get through it. Currently my proxmark is working, now I just need to learn how to use it effectively. Lol

1 Like

Thanks, @Zwack