Possibilities with the Magic Ring

Don’t forget to sign up here and become a KSEC Cyborg member. You’ll get 10% off Dangerous Things products KSEC Cyborg Membership - KSEC Solutions

Hi all,

I’ve been testing with a gen1a mifare card whilst im in the process of getting the ring, and have a few queries about how the gen2 chip in the ring works. I have seen it is easy to lock yourself from sectors on the chip in the useful info from Amal. However I do not understand how I can prevent such a thing from happening whilst cloning a card.

In the videos I have watched only the UID is cloned in sector 0. However my room keycard seems to have other sections full of data which are used to unlock the kitchen and shared spaces. (as I couldnt access these, only my room door with the sector 0 clone). The question now is, how do I do a complete clone of the tag without locking myself from any sectors. For the gen1a card I use autopwn and cload, but cload is not avaliable for gen2 so I assume I have to wrbl --blk <num> -d data. I am unsure whether the keys and access conditions that are stored in the trailing sector (I think its called this?) get copied over with the data stored in my keycard sector.

Say for example I had a keycard with the following:
sector 0:
6F19ECA9E1880400C833002000000017
sector 1:
8D303448000000000000000000000000
sector 3:
A0B1A2A3A4A5787788C1B0B1B2B3B4B5

How would I copy these to my card whilst ensuring I dont make the chip read only.

Thanks so much for the help in advance!

(Also not sure if I should have made a new topic for this or not… I can copy it into a new one if this is a problem.)

Missed this. Check the magic ring product page and scroll down to the proxmark3 section to see how to clone cards with the proxmark and MCT app for Android. In short you basically use the data generated by autopwn, import that data file with MCT and write it.

Hey !
Where I can get the software out oft this video:

Cloning a Mifare S50 1k to the xM1

All links are broken.
Can you help me please?

Thanks!

klaas

Worth reading the whole thread, it’s a short one.

1 Like

THANKS!!

1 Like