Possibility for a Custom UID

It would be nice if there was a way to program your own UID onto a chip. I have an example of what I could use it for.

At work, we need to have passwords that are 6 to 8 digits long, and it has to have numbers and letters. If I could change the UID for an implant, I could use the KBR to login to work, etc.

This is a feature of the xM1 and the xEM/NExT for HF and LF respectively. Don’t think either work with the KBR1 though. (Edit: xM1 dose work with KBR1 AS @amal said below)

There are some existing DIY solutions to this. I’ll be building my own reader shortly that should support multiple passwords, if there is interest I’ll try and make a beginner friendly potentially tool free instruction post in the projects section about it.

3 Likes

I looked at the xM1, and boy am I regretting not spending the extra $40 for the lifestyle kit, I just didn’t really want the magnet. Any chance for a late upgrade Amal? lol.

But really, from what I understand, I can change 4 digits on the xM1, and I would need 6 at least.

I think from now on, if you are interested in it, may as well figure I will piggyback off ya. I am interested for sure.

2 Likes

I’ll give you a heads up when it’s done then so you don’t miss the post.

2 Likes

Yeah the xM1 works with the KBR1

stay tuned… projects in the works…

4 Likes

64982df59a2a15a8e7f0adafec65c9ab
Did I just read that correctly???
unnamed (17)

7 Likes

I should ask more questions on this forum. They tend to lead to product announcements I feel like.

3 Likes

I think it’s much more likely that every time we suggest something, Amal or another community member already thought of it 6-18 months ago and he’s been making incremental progress. Of course he would hop on and say “hold up guys, I got this”. It takes a long time to make some of this stuff, sometimes it’s better to hold the hype train in the station until it’s ready.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. Just fun to think/joke about.

I am not so ignorant to believe only my ideas are good, and that Amal rushes to do them. I figured these were mainly things in the works, from reading here and biohack.me.

1 Like

This brings tears to my eyes! (no really, I’m no joke cutting an onion while writing this)

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, will it be comparable to this?

I don’t know the answer, (and I am also SUPER interested, I have a couple of chips I am hoping it will be.)

What I do know is, IAmRobot are not particularly Open about the info, Not hidden but not Spec sheets etc like DT does.
I found this on the link you provided:

• Frequency
    13.56MHz

• Chipset
    manufacturer Fudan®

• Chip series
    CLASSIC compatible

• Compatible
    NFC, HF

• ISO protocol
    14443-3 A, Classic

• Data storage
    1 KB

MY GUESS
To me That sounds very much like an Mifare Classic 1k ( DTs xM1 and soon FlexM1s )

Yep that will be it.
S50

1 Like

So if I understand, that will have 8 digits I could change?

Edit: I would like to add I am not planning on getting one from them currently. The person who had one of theirs break, makes me way too cautious.

Nope… the S50, 1k “classic”, or whatever you want to call it, has a 4 byte NUID (non-unique ID)… it’s non-unique because NXP, the company that actually makes legit Mifare chips, had to roll over their IDs they’ve made so many… so now they call it a “non-unique ID” or NUID.

Also, the term “digits” is not correct… bytes. If anything, bits is the most accurate term to use. This is because some chips have odd ID bit counts like 26 or even 17 bits… so as you can see “digits” is just not the right term to use.

Basically their “X3” (don’t even get me started about competition borrowing our product naming conventions) is our xM1.

4 Likes

Also, they aren’t being truthful either… the Fudan F08 chip is a straightforward clone product of the Mifare S50 1k… you cannot write to sector 0 or change the ID. He knows this, he’s just lying because the actual “magic” chips that allow you to change the ID of are not exactly legal and the companies that make these chips are basically underground. We get ours through a chain of contacts.

4 Likes

I don’t need one, but the clandestine-black-market-contacts image makes me want one anyways.

6 Likes

This cleared up a few things for me. I have been reading the info over at atlas and such, but nothing beats a quick, to the point explanation. Thanks for that!

4 Likes

They are surprisingly handy to have since most hotels use Mifare cards

4 Likes